CHAPTER 23

"Urgh my head, why does it feel like I've been hit with a 10 ton truck?" i winced in pain as i push myself up. I looked up the ceiling as it took a while for me to register where i am.

I almost forgot that i live here in the palace. I placed my hand in my head. I had too much drink. I need you Draco.

I got out of my bed and lazily walked and barged inside Draco's room.

It seemed like a long way because of the halls even though our room is just across.

"Goodmorning mademoiselle, drink this, it's a hangover remedy." Draco clicked his tongue as i slowly drank from the cup.

Draco closed the door and guided me down to him bed.

"What time is it?" I asked and looked outside.

"Past noon, you missed breakfast and lunch. Here." He gave me a tray of food.

I weakly and slowly ate while i looked around.

"How's Roxana?" I mumbled.

"She's fine, she's still asleep though and she'll probably still be in bed until nightfall. You better sleep after eating, you need it." Draco smiled at me and took the spoon from my hands. He fed me until i was full.

"Thanks," i smiled after burping.

"My pleasure mademoiselle." He stood up and carried me. He brought me back to my bed and tucked me in.

"Mademoiselle sle-"

"What are you doing here?" Heph's voice filled the room. I tilted my head and looked at the handsome man standing in the doorway.

"Good.. afternoon Heph," i mumbled. He stepped inside and glared at Draco.

Draco raised his hands to surrender before giving him a small bow.

"I'm just bringing back my sister to her bed. She just finished eating." He informed.

"Okay, you're dismissed, now go. And close the door when you get out." He instructed and sat down besides me.

I held his hands and interwined them with mine. I looked one last time at Draco who rolled his eyes before closing the door.

"He's my brother, there is no threat." I reassured him after feeling his tensioned muscles.

"I can't trust him. The more i dig deeper for your background the more suspicious to Draco i get." He said and joined me in bed. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and rested my head in his chest.

"Why are you digging for my background? Don't you trust me?" I whispered.

"I trust you, but i really want you to remember what happened between us and to know who are the people i should ask blessings to." He explained himself.

"Blessings? What for?" Blessings as in gifts? That doesn't make any sense at all.

"What does mademoiselle mean? He's been calling you that and until now i don't understand what it means." He changed the topic. I raised my brows but let it go.

"Nothing important really, he just made it up, it's his endearment to me." I explained.

"Hmm, are you sure?" Heph asked.

Why is this guy suspicious? Draco you haven't done or said something behind my back, have you? Why is he suddenly all sus of your existence?

Nice choice of words mademoiselle, he sarcastically said. But to answer your question, no i haven't done anything.