Someone said I'm autistic cos I'm quiet and shy

08May2021
I had a thought (I meant thoughts 😁) today. What if my parents weren't aware of autism spectrum disorder when I was a kid? If I got the symptoms as a kid and my parents didn't know about them but thought my behavior was just weird and every child is different, and just treated me normally. What if their normal treatment of me contributed to my normal childhood? It's like I changed over the course of my childhood years cos they urged and let me interact with other kids. What if when I grew older the symptoms started to go back (maybe the bullying and other negative events in life triggered it)? What if I'm not really introverted and shy but autistic? I've been reading things about autism and been watching videos on YouTube about it. I read that you can be diagnosed at any age. I also read that it doesn't really go away, it's a life-long condition. What if I had mild autism?

But then, I've read about autism in adults and I don't have the major and usual symptoms only being quiet, shy and anti-social. Are they enough to tell someone autistic?

I can't forget someone said I am autistic cos I'm so quiet and shy. It's been a year but the very words got stuck in my mind.

Yuchae Moon