Chapter 21

The next day...

'Oh my goodness.' Catherina surprisingly thought.

Long black hair and two dark brown eyes. The woman who stood in front of Rina was wearing a maid's uniform beside her mother.

"Rina, this is Emma. Starting today, she will be your personal maid." Her mother introduced.

"Greetings, my lady." Emma bowed.

Catherina still couldn't believe it.

'It's starting already..'

Emma, who was assigned to be Rina's personal maid... Was none other than the heroine of the otome game.

"It's nice to meet you. How old are you?" Catherina responded with a question.

"I'm twenty this year, my lady." Emma answered.

'It's really her.'

Suddenly, Rina started to remember about the game.

Emma, the heroine, was a lowly maid in the Dwight mansion. There she will encounter the male lead (Callahan) and their love story will be unfolded by then. It began when Callahan is twenty one and the heroine is twenty years old.

The heroine who is a lowly maid will eventually manage to catch the prince's eye and the love rivalry begins. And starting there, Dorothea the villainess will insert.

There were few twists and turns before Rina achieved the happy ending in the past life and Owen was a part of that twist. Though, she did manage to get the happy ending within five hours.

But now that she's facing the heroine, it felt weird for some reason. To think that this was the woman whom she used as the vessel to achieve the game's ending... It felt incredulous.

"Please take care of my daughter, Emma." Rina's mother patted her shoulder.

Emma was surprised of the slight pat she received. She blushed for a bit then bowed. "I certainly will, madame."

"Then, I will leave you two now. I'll see you later baby." Carla kissed Rina's forehead.

"Okay."

*Clack* The door closed.

"...."

"...."

"Emma-"

"My lady-"

Their words crossed each other.

"You go first, Emma." Rina giggled.

Emma smiled at her.

'She's really beautiful.' Rina thought as she saw her smile.

"I just want my lady to know that I'm really grateful of your family's kindness for accepting someone as low as me. If it weren't for the madame, I would've died of starvation by now." Emma bowed on the floor.

"What? Why? Please get up," Rina curiously asked as she helped her get up.

"I'm homeless. I don't have any relatives and I live by the slums. Then one time, the madame passed by and I was there. All filthy and hopeless. I clinged to her dress which looked so beautiful than anything I've ever seen and I asked for help. But believe me, I didn't know that it was your mother at that time."

"W-What..." Rina couldn't believe it. There was no such thing like the heroine's backstory in the game.

"I already did it to other nobles who passed by but they ignored me. Some even kicked me and spit on me. But your mother.. the madame, she was different." Tears began to flow from her eyes.