5. Good Day

Sailor Kate -

I got so many books. Okay not really but when someone else pays it seems like a lot even if it's only like 3.

I binged Ugly Love and sobbed. It's now 3:30 am and I'm so tired.

I got out of bed and went to my pantry. I didn't like what was there so I went to my fridge and found Raspberries.

I washed them off and smacked on them while sitting on my counter contemplating life.

I want a book that's like Sailor Kate Is Not Fine.

How would that go? I mean I have yet to have a personal story made about me.

A/N no bitch I haven't had a story about me get it right😔

I turned on some Spotify and I played my playlist with songs by Chase Atlantic, The Nbhd, 5SOS, and I felt like sobbing.

My life was tragic.

Most exciting thing happening is a letter being written with books sent from a closed off boy.

We haven't even had our slow burn enemies to lovers. Just a basic friends to maybe something because he's cute.

WHERE IS MY WORLD SHATTERING LOVE UNIVERSE?

anyways.

I yawned not wanting to sleep because I know next time my eyes are open it'll be the afternoon and that's just not fun.

Maybe I'll go to the park and read The Deal by Elle Kennedy.

Or the cute little outdoor libraries they have lined up because it's summer. I have some extra savings.

I remembered I didn't open the letter Jessie gave me due to the fact that he said not to till I was home so I grabbed it and sat back on the counter.

I'm gonna be waiting by your door this time. I know future you knows that but the way it works is cool. You're reading this after the possibility of me finding your book interests. I've never been a deep thinker surprisingly but your way of thinking makes me analyze everything strangely. I mean people don't even write letters anymore yet I'm letting my hand cramp as I'm writing to a girl that stands out to me. Earlier I imagined you in a cute summer dress and reading outside somewhere nice. Then I imagined taking you to a picnic, us talking for a while. It's strange how a few days can change a lot. I've never had a genuinely good intention when getting close to girls. I can't even think of hurting you just cause I can't. Ranting much... anyways.
- Jessie Cross

"Strange boy." I pulled my old jewelry box from under my sink and put the letter with the four others I had.

-

Today was so beautiful outside. I merely squealed with the ability to fulfill my plans and wear a pretty dress.

I grabbed a white gown and my felt book bag placing my keys and book inside with my phone and headphones.

I put a white ribbon in my hair as a headband and put mascara on

I twirled in my mirror buzzing with energy and excitement.

I walked out of my house and saw a familiar car next to mine in my driveway.

"Beautiful day out huh?" Jessie smiled at me.

"It is indeed." I squinted confused.

"You seem happy." He observed.

"And busy." I smiled.

"Oh yea? With what?" He leaned against the drivers side of my car.

"Reading and outdoorsie things." I held up my bookbag.

"Mmhm yea so you want me to leave you alone?" He pulled pink flowers from behind his back.

"Well... if I let you attend I get those?" I asked and he smirked.

"All yours." He nodded.

"Let's go, my car, I'm driving." I walked to him and grabbed the flowers, letting them hang out of my bag.

"How long have you been waiting?" I asked pulling out of my driveway.

"Actually not long." He said surprised at that.

"What's the plan?" He asked.

"Well, I wanted to read in the grass park and there was a cute outdoor library I was gonna look at, maybe stop at a cafe or smoothie place." I said and I felt his eyes burning into the side of my face.

"Don't you have friends?" I asked.

"Wow." He laughed and I laughed realizing how that sounded.

"I'm sorry." I was embarrassed yet it was so funny.

"No I understand what you mean and I do have friends. They just ushered me to follow through with a small idea I had." He said and placed a wrapped book in my lap.

"You're an angel." I teased, parking.

I looked at him and he looked happier today too.

He wore a white shirt instead of black that clung to his muscular chest and biceps, with blue jeans.

"You also dress brighter than you usually do." I said.

"I was kinda hoping my sundress note would follow through so I was prepared." He looked at himself and I smiled.

I opened the book and it was Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas.

"That's on your tbr." He flexed.

"It issss good job!" I offered a high five and he gave it to me.

"No note today?" I frowned.

"Nope. I wanted to write one while you read." He said and I smiled.

"Why does it matter?" He quizzed.

I stuck my tongue out and grabbed my bag, closing and locking the doors to the car.

I took a deep breath of the warm air and smiled enjoying how today is working out for me so far.

"Come on doll." Jessie ushered and I walked to him.