6. Sundress & Notes

Jessie Cross -

She was on her stomach reading the book I got her instead of the one she brought and I was against a tree, pen and paper, using her unread book to write on.

I can't tell you in words how beautiful you look reading. Hopefully I wasn't a pussy and told you when you were reading.

*

"Hey Sailor?" I asked looking at her and she looked at me curious.

"You look so pretty when you read. By the way." I said and she smiled and looked back to her book, blushing.

*

Update, I did. I honestly think these mean something to you. Sticking your tongue out instead of using words is a good way of maybe letting me know. I wonder how you feel when you read them. I hope after today we can officially be called 'friends' because I like being with you regardless of how much of it revolves around a fictional realm of words and mental comprehension. Thank you for letting me be with you today.
- Jessie Cross

I folded it and got up, sitting by her.

"Maybe you'll see it tonight if you don't crash." I laughed putting it under her thick ribboned headband.

"Maybe." She mumbled.

"Into it?" I asked.

"I am." She responded instantly instead of waiting for a page or sentence to end.

"Give me a book recommendation of a book you loved reading." I said eyeing the small collection of books the lady held under a tall tent. 

"Uhmm The Hating Game." She said and I walked over to the tent.

I bought the last copy the woman had and went back to the pretty girl who always caught my eye even after knowing her for a bit.

"How about I lie down and use your back as a pillow?" I asked and she laughed looking up at me, squinting from the sun.

"Sure." She smiled and went back to reading her book.

I got down onto the green grass and lied my head on the arch of her back comfortably. I opened to the first page and didn't pay attention to the description.

-

"Holy cow!" I sat up, so engulfed in the forced proximity, enemies to lovers realm.

I just heard laughter and I looked at her.

"This is some good stuff." I said and she smiled at me when I was lying down on my back beside her, head up to the sky, her looking down at me.

"Is this reading for you?" I asked.

"It is, you like it?" She asked.

"I actually do. I don't think I'll do it often but it's pretty cool." I said and she laughed putting her head down onto the side of my chest lightly giving me a weird feeling in my stomach and chest.

"It's hot wanna get smoothies?" She asked.

"Sure." I agreed.

I got Pineapple Mango and she got Strawberry Banana.

I watched the wind blow, slightly moving her dress elegantly.

"I'm a pretty reader huh?" She asked.

"You read the letter?" I acted shocked.

"Answer me." She said and I stopped in front of her.

"I think you look so beautiful when you read or are doing something you actually enjoy." I sipped my smoothie immediately regretting it.

She began laughing as I rubbed my forehead of the painful feeling.

"Well thank you kind sir." She bowed, joking around.

"Yea yea." I rolled my eyes.

"You are a deep thinker." She said.

"Mainly when I'm alone." I finished the sentence.

"Makes sense." She nodded and I realized something strange.

"What?" She asked.

"I haven't smoked once today and it's been like 6 hours." I nodded.

"That's good?" She asked.

"It is good." I agreed.

We walked through the warm park, she looped her arm through mine and walked that way.

"I heard from the girl you hang with that you moved here not to long ago. May I ask from where?" I asked.

"Colorado. I was born and raised there with my two dads." She said and I smiled.

"Do you like Colorado?" I asked.

"Love it. The weather is so hard to keep up with though. I'm kind of a sucker for the mountains." She laughed.

"What about you? Have you always lived here?" She asked.

"I have." Was all I responded.

"Is it nice during the seasons it's supposed to be cooler?" She asked. Avoiding the pushing.

"Yea, I actually love the ocean in the winter. It's calmer and so beautiful." I shook my head.

"How far is the beach?" She asked.

"About an hour from here." I said.

"We should go for the sunset." She looked at me, stopping our walking and standing in front of me.

"What would we do?" I asked staring into her bright, hazel, eyes.

"Well not get in the water but just see the sand and waves." She shrugged.

"Sure. Maybe this weekend I could get the guys and I mean if those girls come oh well but we could spend the day swimming and everything." I said and she nodded.

"That would be so fun." She smiled.

"Let's go to the beach." I grabbed her wrist, made sure she had her bag and went to her car.