Chapter 2: "I'm Joy, by the way."

Heya! The picture up here is the character.

Left to right: Jessie Miles, Lydia Todd, Claude Harris, Jocelyn Wright, Wayne Wright (Joy Father), and Kinsley.

-Chicken

***

I was woken up by the white rays shining through the window. I felt my throat dry like sandpaper- wait. Where am I now? I sat up on the bed and examined my surroundings. Now I'm in my bedroom? My old guitar is sitting on the tripod stand. My study table faces the window with the neighbor's house as the view and my backpack on the table. My Coldplay poster is still on the wall, along with the others.

I walk to the window to make sure that I'm really in my house. I saw my hot neighbor running with her dog. Yep, I'm definitely in my house.

Suddenly my door was opened by my mom. She's holding a basket full of clothes, "Honey, please don't tell me you're looking at Claire running with her dog."

"No?" I answered hesitantly. I wasn't entirely looking at Claire. I was checking if I was really in my house.

"Get ready before you're late for your first day," she said while she put some clothes inside my closet.

"Hey, mom. Can you tell me how did I get here?" I asked her.

"What do you mean? You didn't go anywhere, did you?" she put both of her hands on her hips. I forgot I snuck out of the house at night.

"Nevermind, I'll go to take a shower and join you downstairs," I said as I took a gray sweater and black jeans. After that, I took a shower and grabbed my bag. I went downstairs to see my dad and my mom already eating breakfast.

"First day as a senior, huh?" My dad said as he wiggled his eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm very excited, dad," I said sarcastically.

"Come on. It wouldn't be that bad," my mom said.

"I hope so," I said as I munched down my food because I couldn't be late for the first day, "I'm off now, bye guys," I kissed my parents goodbye and went to my car. I sat in the car and gripped my steering wheels. Was it just a dream last night? How I saw Joy's past seems realistic to me, though.

The ringtone of my phone distracted me from my thought, ins aw the caller ID and it was Lydia. What does she want now, "Where are you?" She asked, "where did you go last night? I keep calling you five hundred times!"

"Oh, now you care?" I retorted, "I'll pick you up as usual, and after that, we'll talk."

"Oh, now you want to talk?" she mimicked me, and I rolled my eyes. I ended the call and drove to Lydia's neighbourhood. As I parked my car in front of Lydia's driveway, I texted her. She got in my car a few minutes after I texted her, "talk?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I don't know what to say," I said as I started to leave the neighbourhood. The drive to school only takes twenty minutes, so I won't be lingering in the car alone with Lydia. I look over Lydia and noticed that she was not wearing the necklace that I gave her. Whatever...

"Good, because I also can't believe how such a small thing became such a big thing," Lydia sighed, "it was just a kiss, and I was drunk. The kiss meant nothing."

"Really? If I got someone pregnant, does it mean nothing?" I asked her.

"Technically, you can't get someone pregnant and-"

I groaned, "take the freaking hint, Lydia!"

Finally, the "Silver Creek High School" sign came to view. I parked the car in the school parking lot, and there was a silence that overwhelmed the atmosphere. Lydia grabbed her things and opened the door, "look, don't come to me if you're still mad about last night. I don't need it right now."