Chapter 25 (RR)

Riley's POV

I got up late. I think I only have two hours of sleep. I kept on thinking about what his grandmom had said to me last night. He said I wouldn't last long if they would not favor me. Why are they scaring me this much? I am afraid I'll see Rye and ask him to be my boyfriend instead. I was so excited to call him my boyfriend.

What if he asks me later? How will I react?

I was early in school even though I woke up late. I was on my way to my building when I saw Rye holding the flowers I hated the most.

Why? I was just 13 years old at that time, and one girl asked me to be her boyfriend. I love being friends with girls before. I didn't know she took it differently. She was older than me by one or two years.
She was holding tulips that time which was supposedly for me. I told her I was gay since I had known this fact already since I was young. She got mad at me and hit me with the bouquet. It was so hard that my face and my arms bled a lot. I got lots of wounds from it. Her older brother helped her hit me. She lied to her brother, saying I asked her to be my girlfriend even though I am gay. Her older brother was seventeen at that time. He keep calling me names to insult me. I don't want to feel the same thing again. Everyone knows I always reject accepting Tulips, but they have no idea the reason behind it. I just tell them it's ugly. Maybe those flowers are not for me.

I saw him look in my direction, so I hid right away. I need to make a plan first before facing this handsome creature.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Maru asked. "Hiding from Rye? What happened to the party? How does the Kirigun mansion look? Are the Elites really handsome up close? Rye's bodyguard is handsome, but he is always hiding. I want to marry a handsome, rich guy! Ugh...I don't have a chance in Aki, and Rye is yours. How about the Elites then?" Flirty.

"Aki and Rye have brothers. Are you ready to have two boyfriends at the same time, though?" I laughed.

Maru is my bestfriend in MSU since grade school days. He is cute like a doll.

"That's my kink. But they are high school students, so, pass."
If only he could see that those twins don't act like high school students.

||||||||||||||||||||

"Riley Cameron." Our professor is handed the paper we submitted last week. "You again."

I got mine. A big letter F in red font welcomed my very eyes. I fucking love red, and I guess the feeling is mutual.

I looked at Maru's paper. He got an A+. Others got A too. It's tough to be unique. I am so proud!

What the hell is this? It's because of Rye. He should take all the blame. He rejected me that's why I can't concentrate studying.

"It's okay, sizzz; who knows if there is good news that might happen to you today." Maru tapped my back.

It's my fourth F already within six days! I need to focus. When I concentrate, I can at least get a passing grade.

It was lunchtime. We were in the locker room. I need to hide these embarrassing papers.

That scent!

"Hi, Ri,"

Damn it!

It's a YES, Rye! Yes, I will be yours forever. I love you too.

He handed me the bouquet I had seen earlier. I just accepted it and hid it in my locker too. This is the first bouquet Rye gave me, so who cares about the sad story behind these tulips. It's still special since it's from my Rye.

He is staring at me, and I feel like saying YES again even he is not asking me anything.

"Thank you for this."
I looked at Maru instead.
"Wait for me here. I forgot something."