| xl: scars of past |

"Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall

"Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall." ― Jodi Picoult

" ― Jodi Picoult

Jaipur, India

Vihaan held onto me as he helped me move to our room. No matter how much I protested that I could walk on my own, he had turned deaf to my words. I was glad that hadn't picked me up, saving me from embarrassment. Vihaan did not let me meet any of the family since he had announced that I needed to rest.

Pranav, Chirag and Aditya made a detour to the Bureau to give their statements regarding their case. I was supposed to do it later on as soon as I felt better to move. Vihaan made me rest on his bed. I leaned my back against the headboard and Vihaan pulled the comforter over me. He handed me a water bottle and without wasting any other second, I drank, quenching my thirst.

"You okay?" he sat beside me on the edge. I nodded, assuring him.

There was a knock at the door. I craned my head along the lines of the voice and saw Swati standing, leaning against the door frame.

"Swati?" I spoke, "Come in," I called her inside. Swati waved her hand in refusal and said, "I had just come to say that Mukesh uncle has come to meet you. Should I send him upstairs?"

"Yeah, bring him in," I told her.

A few minutes later Mukesh Chachu walked inside with a bag of Hersheys and lilies and my smile grew wider at the sight. Chachu handed over those to Vihaan who went to place them neatly on my couch. Chachu occupied the seat where Vihaan previously sat. He leaned forward and embraced me in a warm hug and I sighed as I melted in his arms.

"You scared me out, bachchay," he mumbled into my hair. I rubbed his back to ease him letting him know that nothing was wrong and I was back home, all safe and sound. I broke the hug and saw him wiping a tear from the corner of his eyes

"Chachu don't cry!" I whined. He chuckled and patted my head, "My daughter was in the hospital and someone attacked her. I did not even help her. How could I not cry?" I punched him lightly on his shoulder as I teared up, listening to him.