T W O

Dreams of the Unachievable

V A L E R I U S ' P O V :

"Mr. Armani?"

"Yes, Ana?" I don't pick my head up from my computer. I don't have the time.

"A woman is here for you."

Hmm.

"And who would this woman be?"

"I'm not sure, sir. Brown hair, blue eyes—"

"How blue?"

I know I sound crazy.

"—what?"

I look up from my computer to look at the older woman. She looks at me like I'm crazy and I don't blame her.

"How.. blue. . . are her eyes." I say slowly.

Ana stands up straighter and fixes the confused look on her face. She gives me a smile to hide her curiosity.

"I'd say pretty blue, sir." Ana gives me a tight smile.

"Perfect." I say, getting up.

I ignore my work for now and grab what I need from my desk.

"Call my brother. Have him finish my work. I've gone out on an important business meeting."

"And with who shall I tell your brother?"

"If he asks tell him it's grown up stuff. I'll be gone now." I nod her off and the elevator closes on me.

I don't normally hand my work off to Enzo but he'll be right under me in the mafia soon. He'll need his practice work too.

She came. She's back. I have her. A sly smirk touches my lips.

When I reach the lobby I see her from behind. Her chocolate brown waves, her black pencil skirt and her light blue blouse. I become familiar with the scent of vanilla as I step closer.

"Showing up at my work unannounced?" I inquire, hiding my smirk.

She jumps at my voice and whips around to face me. My eyes meet hers. I'm stuck in her ocean.

"Yes, well." She huffs, catching her breath. "I would have called but I seem to have misplaced my phone. Do you know anything about that?" She spits tightly.

She's cute when she's angry.

"I don't."

Lies. I do.

I very distinctly remember stealing her phone.

"Right and that's why your business card was in my purse?" She pulls out a small card and amusement clouds through my eyes.

"Happy accident."

She lets out a choked laugh. "Right. Can I just have my phone back? Please. I have work to do."