Chapter 04: Guts Pt 1

With Lori

Lori and Amy sort out mushrooms that they have collected "Any luck?" Lori asks as Amy asks "How do we tell if they're poison?" Lori answers "Uh, there's only one sure way I know of" "Ask Shane when he gets back?" Amy says "Yeah, you've got it. Thank you" and Lori gets up "Dale, I'm heading out. Sweetheart, I want you to stay where Dale can see you, okay?"

"Yes, mom!" Carl says "You too. Don't wander too far. Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll come running" Dale says to Lori who only mumbles out "Yes, mom" She goes into the woods to pick some more food for the camp. While she is in the woods, leaves rustle. Bird wings flap, branch snaps. She starts to think that someone is following her. She worries that it is one of the Walkers and starts to look around.

Suddenly, a hand reaches around her mouth and she is dragged back!

Shane shushed her "You scared the hell out of me!" Lori laughs at him and Shane chuckles "I bet. That's what you get for keeping me waiting. I was trying to be quiet. Where you been?" "Amy the mushroom queen... I had to wait for her to get back" They start kissing "How much time do we have?" Shane asks "Enough" Lori says the two are in the moment and proceed to make love. While undressing, they see Lori still has Rick's ring around her neck on a necklace. She takes it off and holds onto it in the grass while they proceed "Come here" Shane mumbles while Lori says "Okay."

With Rick and Delilah

In Atlanta, Rick and Delilah are still trapped in the tank when the voice is heard on the radio again. "Hey, are you guys alive in there?" Delilah scrambles to answer him "Hello?! Hello?!" "There you are. You had me wondering..."  Rick crawls over and places his hand over Delilah's and starts rapidly firing questions "Where are you? Outside? Can you see us right now?" "Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news."

"There's good news?" Delilah asks slightly hopeful only when the guy crushes her by saying "No" Rick irritated says "Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here!" "Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out!" 

'Well that's encouraging' Delilah thought sarcastically, and asked the man on the radio "Got any advice for us then?" "Yeah, I'd say make a run for it" Rick and Delilah blink in surprise and exchange looks before Rick asked incredulously "That's it? 'Make a run for it'?"  "My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?" "So far...." Rick confirms looking over at Delilah who nods.

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?" Rick sheepishly says "In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?" "Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option. What do you guys have on you?" "Hang on!" Delilah says as they count the ammo. Rick has the Beretta 92FS that he took off of the Soldier, but it only has one clip. He also finds a grenade, but he clips it onto his belt and they decide not to tell the man about it.

"Yeah. Yeah. We've got a Beretta with one clip, 15 rounds and two Glock 22s with 15 rounds each" "Make 'em count. Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yards. Be there" Delilah suddenly asks "Hey, what's your name?" "Haven't you been listening? You're running out of time!" "Right!" Delilah says embarrassed by her dumb question. They make their break after grabbing a shovel in the tank.

Rick opens the top and whacks the Walker on the tank with the shovel. slicing its face wide open. They run down the street, firing at any Walker in their way much to Delilah's ears displeasure, killing 8 of them. They come across the man whose been talking to them "Whoa! Not dead! Come on! Come on! Back here!" The three proceed to run down the alley and start climbing up a ladder "What are you doing?! Come on!" The guy yells at Rick who keeps firing at zombies.