46

"hyungie, wait up!", he called out, giggling like the innocent five year old he was as he ran after his older brother in attempts to catch him

"hyungie, wait up!", he called out, giggling like the innocent five year old he was as he ran after his older brother in attempts to catch him. the small boy's short legs and frail body proved to be a huge disadvantage as he watched the older slip away further and further with each step he took. feeling himself grow short of breath and way too tired to continue, he shouted at his brother to stop.

"i give up!", he yelled, letting out an exasparated and overly dramatic sigh before dropping to the  ground and plopping himself on his back. the older boy held back a chuckle as he watched his younger brother sprawled out on the grass like a starfish, the 5 year old complaining about the grass being "itchy and stingy" to his poor skin.

"get up, brat. giving up means you're dead.", the older spoke, now standing above the smaller as he spoke with authority. despite only being ten years old, the boy had a knack for leadership and didn't take too kindly to quitters. even if the quitter in question was his spoiled, bratty and overly cute little brother. "but it's just a game, silly! why would i be dead?", the smaller questioned, breathing finally coming back to normal as he struggled to form the words correctly which resulted in him sounding like a five year old drunk.

the little giggles that followed the younger's every word didn't help much either.

out of no where, the small boy felt something cold and sharp poke at his neck. his giggles ceased immediatly, big doe eyes peering up in confusion only to find his big brother stare back at him in silence. the older's eyes were void of any emotion and— from what the smaller could tell— he appeared to be angry with him. the five year old tilted his head like a curious puppy, leaning down on his elbows as he continued to innocently stare back at his brother.

"what are you doing, hyung? is this a new game?", he giggled, attempting to sit up but letting out a yelp of pain as he felt his small body being pushed down harshly against the stingy grass. "ow! hyung!", he called out, face contorting in discomfort as he felt his brother place his leg on top of his chest and press down. hard. unable to move, the younger desperately tried to remove the leg from his body, kicking and punching it as hard as he could but to no avail.

his big brother was stronger than an average ten year old. and he was pretty much harmless compared to him.

"i told you what happens to quitters, jeno. you didn't listen. you never listen.", jeno grew more and more confused and scared with each passing second as he felt the older glare down at him, voice full of venom as he spoke. "s-stop it!", the younger attempted to fight back, returning his brother's intimidating gaze but all he got in return was a sour laugh.

"you think you're gonna live by telling your attacker to just stop? you think saying 'please don't hurt me.' is actually gonna have any fucking effect on someone who wants you dead, jeno? is that what you honestly fucking believe?!"

at this point the older was screaming and jeno felt his eyes well up with tears.

his small body started to shake, hiccups already errupting as he felt himself grow out of breath every moment the older's foot pressed down on his chest. he felt trapped, panic arising inside his little mind as he struggled to get out of this predicament. the older only stared at him in silence, growing more and more disappointed as he watched his younger brother squirm like a fish on land.