Chapter 1: Shido in a Neighboring World

Prologue

"Mama, I'm over here!"

"Slow down a little, I can't catch you~"

A mother and a daughter were playing tag. The mother had short, light pink hair, with part of her hair tied up in a braid. She had light brown eyes along with fair skin, wearing a refreshing lilac dress, her skirt fluttering in the wind as she ran.

The daughter had long plum hair that reached to her legs. She tied her hair with one single braid and had a bow at the top of her head. Her eyes have a deep pink color. She was wearing a light pink dress, easy for her to run.

After a while, the mother caught the daughter and they both laughed happily. They rolled on the grass in an unladylike manner, getting grass on their bodies here and there, but it wasn't in their slightest concern.

Calming down from their games, the daughter looked up at her mother with a puppy-eye expression.

"Mama, will we ever see papa again?"

"Of course we will, we just have to wait for him."

"But he is in another world, not this one!"

"We will find a way, don't underestimate the bond of Sonogami family~"

The world they lived in was not normal. It was in the country of Japan on Earth, but it was in a mysterious Neighboring World, which was far from the one that Shido lived in.

The mother and daughter were naturally Rinne and Rio. They were Spirits created by the extra reiryoku of the Spirit of Origin, which developed their own wills and feelings for Shido.

After a series of incidents, they were supposed to disappear, especially after the death of the Spirit of Origin. However, they were somehow revived in this Neighboring World, and were trapped here to guard this realm.

The two had no complaints about their duties, but they couldn't help but miss Shido, the vital part of their family. They wished for a way to see him, but nothing ever worked, until...

Chapter 1: Shido in a Neighboring World

"Oni-chan, get up!"

Shido heard a familiar voice calling him to get up, but before he could react, he suddenly felt a pain in his abdomen. It seemed that someone had jumped on him and he couldn't help screaming:

"Ahhhh!"