The Ghosts

A short wispy looking ghost guffawed "I'll be darned, someone found the treehouse" a ghost with all black clothes on and a giant hat on said "This hasn't happened in centuries" in a deep voice.

He asked in a whisper "What does it mean that I found the treehouse?" A elegant looking ghost chewed on her lip "I think you're either dead or going to die" He blinked "Are those my only two options? I know I'm not dead"

A ghost staying in the corner said "I suppose you could be a ancestor to us" murmurs around the group of ghosts broke out. His head shook "I don't think so, why is there a whole group of ghosts here anyway?"

The murmurs stopped and it became silent beside the elegant looking ghost saying "We were all friends who built this treehouse and one day when we were decorating it, the tree fell over and we passed away and we've been here ever since."

Avener had more questions but he climbed down the ladder waving goodbye for now. He asked my mom about the treehouse but she said "Oh sorry hun, there isn't a treehouse here." He went to bed that night, ghost of memories swirling around his head.

We're they good ghosts? Why were they here? To protect me, to attack me? Why could I see the treehouse and the ghosts when my mom couldn't?

Why haven't they gone into the afterlife? What happened to the group of friends building the treehouse?

He wondered