chapter 32

walking threw the doors of magnus apartment i sigh.

"alecs mom is back" i mutter stepping into the room instantly walking into magnus arms hugging him tightly.

"Which means we'll make ourselfs scarce."magnus says looking at alec before throwing his arm around my shoulder walking into the living rookm with me.

"No, I have something else in mind."alec speaks walking in following us." well gracie did" alec explains looking at me making me nod.

magnus frowns and looks at me confused.

"How would you feel about throwing a party?" i question wrapping my arms around his waist looking up at him.

"Have you met me? " he questons with a smikr on his face.

"It is for Max's Rune Ceremony."alec speaks suddnely making magnus smirk drop. he pulls away from me making me frown.

" I think I'll pass." magnus mutters putting his back to us as he pours himself a drink.

"Magnus..."alec calls sighing slightly as he comes to stand next to me.

" I'm sure I'll love Max."magnus speaks turning around with his drink in his hand before he chugs the whole thing." But Maryse? That woman hates me. and you gracelynn" 

"yeah i dont need to be reminded" i huff rolling my eyes.

"watch it" magnus sternly speaks rasing his eyebrows making me gulp.

"That's sort of the point of the party. So that she can see that this, us, it's not going away. "alec explains to magnus gestruing between us all with a serious look in hus eyes.

"You sure about this? both of you?"magnus questions looking between us.

"Why wouldn't we be?" i say seriously looking at magnus making him smile.

" Then I better get to work." he says cheerfully before he walks off into another room.

i sigh and step closer to alec wrapping my arms around him whining slightly.

"you okay?" alec questions looking down at me making me nod back hugging him tightly.

no ones pov:

sat on a bench, in a childrens park is the wralock women, the one that trapped gracie.

she sits there watching a child as it plays in the sandbox a couple metres infront of her.

for what she doesnt know is that he is being watched.

and she doesnt realise this until a man sits down next to her making her tense slightly realising who it is.

"Mr. Morgenstern." she speaks, not bother to turn her head to look at him. instead just watching the child." What can I help you with? A potion? A spell? I'm very versatile." she tells him still not looking at him.

" In a way that makes my skin crawl."valentines harsh  but quiet voice speaks. he also doesnt look at the women. instead at the blonde child playing in the sandbox.

" I thought we would understand each other. Both scientists in our own right."the women speaks shaking her head, holding her hands together nervously.

"I applaud your spirit, but it won't help you. I hear you've met my daughters, Clarissa and gracelynn?" valentine speaks simply making the women tense even more.

she looks straight at him with wide eyes.

"I had no idea..."she speaks suddnely breathless.

"Children... ...have a way of making us terribly vulnerable, don't they?"valentine speaks simply looking at the child before suddnely chadowhunters appear with sword poitning towards the small kid.