(Chapter 4)

As the soft, blue light from the moon managed to shine through some of the shoji doors gently, although it's beautiful, you couldn't focus on the night-time beauty right now. It was early into the next night and the little demons were going to wake up soon.

It also doesn't help that a Demon Slayer tried to break in. So now, you are stuck with a dead body. You can't let the kids be scared for life now, can you?

So you had to make this quick.

Dragging the body to the outside entrance to your meat supply. Sliding the heavy door open and entering the ice cold room with the meny hooked up caucasus. Hanging from the ceiling and the walls.
'What!? I'm butcher! Oh dear reader you should of expected this! Oh well!'

You quickly throw the body on the butcher's block and cover in with a sheet to hide it. Just as quickly, you unhook one of the bacon cuts and a cut of the thigh. Cutting them into perfect cooking sizes.

Putting the peaces into a bowl and making your way into the kitchen. Making sure of firmly locking the meat supply door.

Move along to the kitchen, you start to prepare breakfast: Onigiri with some 'bacon' in the middle, miso soup with some tofu, mushroom and shredded thigh meat. After finishing all of that for everyone. You grab 2 baby bottles that you had bought earlier.

Walking back to your meat storage where your fresh meat sat.

🚨WORNING!! [There is some gore here!]🚨

Going up to the corpse and lifting up it's head. You cut a hole in it's jocular (the vain that takes blood to your brain); placing a large bowl under the small fountain of blood.

🚨Gore is over!🚨

Walking away for a second, you only wanted to check on the children. Pairing your head in to their room you find that all of them are still asleep, however, this time all in different positions.

Gyutaro and Daki were holding each other. Well. Daki was cuddling and holding onto Gyutaro's arm. Douma was sleeping with all his limbs spread out and Gyokko was wrapped around him like a snake. All his little hands holding onto him like a child clinging to it's mother.

Akaza had managed to get himself up against the wall, with his legs against it; almost doing the splits. With his arms spread wide and a big goofy grin on his face, accompanied with some drool and soft snores.

'He's enjoying his dream. And how is that comfortable?'

Looking over to the little lower moons. The two were still wrapped up in little cocoons. Soundly sleeping.

Now. The last 3 made your heart warm. Kokushibou, Muzan and sweet little Nakime, all cuddled up with each other.

Muzan's arms were spread making him look like a "T". With Nakime curling into a ball on his left side and Kokushibou doing the same on his right side. Kokushibou's long hair had come out and reached his shoulders, curling cutely around his face.

Smiling at the rambunctious bunch, you close the shoji door and head back to collect the bowl.

With it quickly filling up; you quickly start to prepare the baby bottles for Rui and Enmu. You try to prepare some baby formula, however, you realise the it is basically just flour.

{A/n: QUICK NOTE!! MODERN BABY FORMULA IS NOT JUST FLOUR! I study Child Development as a GCSE and I can tell you that modern formula is good for a baby. Unless the baby cannot physically have formula. The setting of Demon slayer is in the Edwardian era, and this story is a bit before the main plot. So... maybe late Victorian era for this story. And at the time baby formula was basically just flour. And they wondered why so meny babies died.👀}

So! You brought in some cows milk.

Thankfully. The milk did not turn red or pink.

Entering back into the kitchen you warm the mixture to the perfect temperature. As you you were doing this, soft foot steps were piter-pating on the tatami.

"Good morning..." a very sleepy little Douma walk into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

"Good evening. You're up early." You greet the rainbow-eyes baby.

"..." He kept silent.

"Is something the matter?"

The pale blonde boy seemed to hesitate. "I had... I had... a dream..." He spoke carefully.

"Oh? What about?" You kept your voice light, soft and gentle.

Douma's face seemed to turn ugly with a mix of pain, fear, shame and confusion. His rainbow eyes were glazed with a window of tears. Douma's hands held tightly onto his red and white kimono.

Although he seemed to be wanting to say something painful, Douma's face switched to his infamous smiling mask.

"Everyone in the cult were having so much fun at a festival..." His voice was overly joyful. It was almost creepy.

Douma was very well known to be very psychopathic even for demon standards as an adult. He didn't kill because he was hungry, or wanted power, or revenge. He killed for fun. Everyone thought he was most likely just the same when he was younger.

But now...

You had him in front of you, in a 1-year-old's body. And he as never smiled until trying to hide something.
'Did... Did Douma snap at some point, that made him psychopathic?'

{A/n: I don't not condemn Douma's actions. They are very wrong! But I'm throwing a spanner into the mix. Douma is either born with psychopathy. (A disorder) Or became psychiatric because of environment and the way he was raised. And knowing his backstory, he most likely snapped at a very young age, since he had like no emotion at like 10? Or younger, not sure. I'm not a professional,I just know how pregnancy and birth works, and how a child from 1-5 years develop, also how to mostly keep them safe.}

"Douma... You don't seem to be very happy. Are you alright?" You knelt down to his level, and kept your voice soft.

"..." He hesitated and kept silent; keeping that smile.

"I-I-I..." His smile melted away and started to tear up. This caught you off guard and you try to comfort him with a hug, but...

Douma took a step back, fearfully and quietly spoke, "Please don't touch me..."