Chapter 06: Tell it to the Frogs Pt 1

"Best not to dwell on it. Merle got left behind. Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back... Except maybe Daryl" Morales says after a while of driving "Daryl?" Rick and Delilah ask at the same time and Morales answers "His brother" Delilah frowns. This was going to be tough 'It doesn't matter how awful Merle acted, we shouldn't have left him on that roof. His poor brother...'

Behind them, the group hears Glenn in his car. "Whoo-hoo!" Glenn speeds past them and continues to holler about how much fun he's having. Morales chuckled and says "At least somebody's having a good day" Delilah nodded and sighed. Rick looked in the rear view mirror and frowned when he saw Delilah's face. He knew that the first chance she got, she'd go see if Merle was alive. She was just a good person with a big heart, and a slightly fuzzy head. Rick knew that Delilah would get herself killed trying to help the hot headed red neck, but one thing Rick could promise is that she wouldn't go in alone.

Back at the camp Jim hangs some cans around the perimeter so they can hear Walkers. Lori is giving Carl a haircut "Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori sighed in annoyance "I'm trying!" Carl whined "Well, try harder" Lori said while rolling her eyes. Shane decided to chime in "If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts!" "I'll believe that when I see it" Carl mumbles and Shane chuckled.

"I'll tell you what... you just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs" Shane says "I've caught a frog before" Carl says "I said frogs... plural. And it is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means. Few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets" Shane says with a grin Carl looks at Lori unsure of what to say "Oh, I'm a girl. You talk to him" Lori states.

"It's a one-time offer, bud... not to be repeated" Shane teases and Carl asks "Why do we need frogs, plural?" And Shane answers "You ever eat frog legs?" Carl scrunched up his face "Eww!" "No, yum!" "No, he's right. Eww" Shane laughs "When you get down to that last can of beans, you're gonna be loving those frog legs, lady. I can see it now... 'Shane, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please? Just one?'" Lori scoffs and says "Yeah, I doubt that" Shane chuckles "Don't listen to her, man. You and me, we'll be heroes. We'll feed these folks cajun-style Kermit legs!" "I would rather eat miss piggy. Yes, that came out wrong" Lori says and Shane laughs.

"Heroes, son, spoken of in song and legend. You and me, Shane and Carl" Carl and Shane laugh. The conversation is interrupted with the beeping of Glenn's car alarm. "Talk to me, Dale!" Shane says as he walks over "I can't tell yet" Dale responds "Is it them? Are they back?" Amy rapidly questions "I'll be damned" Dale mutters "What is it?" Amy asks and Dale answers "A stolen car is my guess" Glenn pulls in and says hello.

"Holy crap. Turn that damn thing off!" Dale yells "I don't know how!" Glenn says while waving his arms around "Pop the hood, pop the damn hood" Shane says while Amy rushes over to Glenn "My sister Andrea..." "Pop the damn hood!" Shane snaps interrupting Amy "What? Okay okay. Yeah yeah yeah. Yeah yeah!" Glenn stumbles and pops the hood open as Amy continues "Is she okay? Is she all right?" He pops the hood so Shane can disconnect the battery to turn the alarm off. "She's okay! She's okay!" Glenn quickly answers Amy continues asking questions "Is she coming back?" "Yes!" Glenn answers as Amy persists "Why isn't she with you? Where is she? She's okay?" "Yes! Yeah, fine. Everybody is. Well, Merle not so much."

"Are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every Walker for miles?" Shane demands "I think we're okay" Dale says "You call being stupid okay?" Shane asks "Well, the alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source. I'm not arguing. I'm just saying. It wouldn't hurt you to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?" Dale says while Glenn apologizes "Sorry. Got a cool car." He gestures to it.