How could I forget you

(Moon's POV)

Everything would be better if Jay never said anything. I would rather spend my life waiting for them to come back than to know that they doesn't remember me, or anything. It would have been better to think that they thought of me from time to time, living their new life without me.

Jay was asleep on the couch. He was taking me to the where Y/N was tomorrow. Tonight was the first night me and Sun weren't fighting. It was silent, and the silent was even worse. Silent was eerie from Sun. He always had so many thoughts, but tonight there was only my own. I couldn't sleep, so I just had to live in the silence. At least the silence wasn't filled with questions, it was filled with answers tonight. Answers that hurt more than questions. The best thing I could do is sleep.

I guess I had slept forever because when Jay woke me up, the sun was setting.

"You've been asleep since the morning. It's time to go see Y/N now"

I felt myself over heating with fear.

"I want to prepare you for what you're going to see, because it will be very confusing"

I listened to him talk as I picked out a new outfit to wear of their clothes.

"They just woke up 3 days ago.. so they're still very confused. They remember their name, and basic things about themselves, but not the details of their life. They just don't really remember the last year.."

"Do you think they will ever remember me again Jay?"

"Well.. the doctors say there's a 50% chance that the memory could come back. Anything could trigger it coming back, but since they remember most of everything it's not too big of a deal to them"

Jay walked out of the room as I changed. I thought about how hard it would be to restart. It would be so hard to make them love me when I already love them. Is there really any point in trying again?

I slipped on the sweater they wore the day I met them. There were very few things in their closet that still smelt like them, and i've been saving this sweater to wear for something special. God I felt pathetic.

"Hurry up Moon. The nurse said she can sneak us in past visiting hours if we get there by 630.. let's go"

I opened the door and we head out to his car. Silence was the only thing left. It was already dark outside, and the only thing that was drowning out Sun's sadness in my head was the light music Jay was playing.

"Sun wants to see Y/N too"

"That's fine Moon, we have an hour"

"Jay, why didn't you tell me? After all this time? You knew I was here alone.."

"I know Sun.. I just didn't know how to tell you.. then I moved away for a little bit. I only came back this month"

"But I was alone..."

"I feel awful.."

We pulled into the hospital parking lot that I had been in before and there was a lady in a scrubs waiting to help up inside.

"Awe Jay! He is cute!!" she said, looking at me

"Let's get in fast so no one sees us"

(SUN'S POV)

She let us to an elevator and took us in some back halls. The bright lights made me feel sick. If I could even feel sick.

"They're in room 213... i'll come grab you guys when it's time to go."

"Are you ready Sun?"

I know I didn't feel ready.

"Yes"

I was lying.

He opened the door slowly, and I saw Y/N, asleep in the dull colored room. They were laying in a all white gown, and looked worse than I had ever seen. I stayed in place, I couldn't enter the room.

"Sun come on, before someone sees you"

I couldn't even react. They looked dead. They looked exactly how I imagined a dead human to look.

Jay grabbed my hand and pulled me in the room and I sat in a chair and closed my eyes. I didn't want to see what was happening. If I didn't see it, it's not real.

"I'm going to wake them up okay? Then i'll let you guys have some alone time"

"No please don't, Jay please"

"Sun, it's been forever since you've seen them. It's scary but you have to do it"

I threw my head in my hands and just prayed this was all a dream. I just want to go back to before. I heard Jay walk over to them.

"Y/N.. wake up.."

I heard slight shuffling of sheets, and for the first time in months, I heard Y/N's beautiful voice, but it sounded so different than I remembered. So scratchy and broken. I couldn't open my eyes, that couldn't be them.

"Who are you again...?"

"Y/N, i'm Jay, remember?"

"Oh yeah... i'm sorry.."

"It's okay. I brought someone here who means a lot to you. Don't freak out"

There was silence for a moment.

"Jay what is that??"

There was nothing but disgust behind their voice. They were disgusted of me..

"His name is Sun"

I heard the pity behind Jay's voice. I kept my head in my hands. This was worse than I could ever imagine.

"Why is he here"

Please let this stop.

"Don't be so harsh Y/N. They love you very much, and you loved them."

"I just really don't understand Jay"

Jay walked over to me and removed my hands from my face and got close to whisper something to me.

"I know this hurts but you have to let them see you. We're trying to bring their memory back, they won't remember you if they can't even see your face. Deal with it"

He helped me walk over to Y/N, and I stood over their bed looking at them. Their lips were chapped, their hair was tangled and they looked tired. After months of sleeping, they were still tired. My heart broke in a million pieces again. My love, like this.

"Y/N, do you remember Sun?"

"No... but he sure is cute" they said with a smile.

Everything they said felt like a knife digging deeper and deeper in me.

"Well let's try Moon"

I was more than relived to not have to handle this. Jay switched off the light and we switched over.

(MOON'S POV)

I turned away from Y/N before they could see me. I don't deserve to be heart broken right after Sun. They would probably say evil things about me. Everyone always thought I was evil. Everyone always loved Sun and hated me.

"What just happened?" Y/N asked

"Sun is out when the lights are on.. Moon is out when they're off. They're completely different people, it's actually amazing"

"Moon?"

They said my name so gently it made everything inside me heat up.

"Moon is that really you?"

I turned around so fast and looked them right in the eye.

"Moon! Where have you been? I have missed you so much"

"You.. remember me?"

"How could I forget you?"