Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s pov

       I woke up and was blinded by bright light. My eyes soon adjusted to the light as I started making out images that were people. Where was I? "Good morning, sleeping beauty." A fimiliar voice had said. I looked where it came from and saw Grover. "Where am I?" I asked, sitting up but soon grabbing my head in pain. "I sure am glad to see you alive. You're in the infirmary." He replied. "What do you mean by 'alive'?" I asked him so confused about everything. "You don't remember? You and Percy fought and defeated the Minatour." He said, looking at me in worry. All of the sudden I started remembering everything that happened. "And Sally?" I asked, afraid of the answer. He shook his head, "Taken by the Minatour. Probably no longer with us anymore." "No. What about Percy? How is he handling all this?" I asked, wondering where Percy was exactly. "He's still out cold." Grover replied.

      "How long have I been out?" I asked him, confused. "2 days." He sounded serious yet worried. "2 DAYS!!!" I exclaimed. It only felt like a couple hours. "Since you're up, how about I show you around camp." He said standing up and giving out his hand. I took it and stood up. I think I stood up too quickly because I felt dizzy and I don't remember what happened after that.

Grover's pov

       As soon as (Y/N) stood up, she passed out again!? I was able to place her back onto the cot with some help of other campers. I walked over to another cot on the other side of the infirmary to check on Percy. I was told that he wasn't going to wake up for another day or so. I just hope they're both alright.

*1 day later*

Percy's pov

       I started to wake up and see this bright light. My eyes opened and I was starting to see figures that turned into objects and people. "Perce?" I heard someone say. I looked over and saw Grover. I sighed happily knowing that there was at least one person I knew. "I'm so glad to see you awake. How are you feeling?" He asked looking at me in concern. "Like I was ran over by a bus." I replied. "You've been out of it for 3 days." Grover told me. My eyes widened at his statement. "3 DAYS!?!?" I exclaimed. I tried sitting up on my own but I felt this pain in my right shoulder and held it. Grover noticed and helped me get in a sitting position. I thanked him queitly and looked around once more. "What is this place? Where am I?" I asked with a confused look on my face. "The infirmary. What do you remember?" He said. "Um....this crazy dream. My mom was there, you were there too but you were like...this man goat thing, WHOA!!" I exclaimed looking down at where Grover's legs should be.

       "It's all real? That all really happened?" I asked looking at him for some sign of something to tell me that he was joking. But he just looked at me seriously so I knew it was all real. "I'm sorry, Perce. I tried. I really tried but frankly I'm just a junior protector. I don't have my horns yet." He told me sitting down next to me. That's when I realised that (Y/N) wasn't anywhere in sight. I started looking around and freaking out a little bit, hoping that no one noticed. But Grover did, seeing as he's my best friend he can tell when anything's wrong. "What's up? Are you okay?" He asked putting his hand on my shoulder. "Where's (Y/N)? She was there too, but I don't see her! Was she taken, too!?!" I asked him all in one breath. "Relax, okay? She's okay. She's over here, follow me." He started walking to the other side of the infirmary where I saw her sleeping. I let out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding.

     "Has she been like this for the past 3 days?" I asked. He shook his head. "No, she woke up yesterday. But she went to stand up and something happened that caused her to pass out again." He replied. I walked over to her cot and sat next to her, waiting. "Percy? What are you doing?" Grover asked confused. "I'm waiting for her to wake up. I want to be here for her." I told him without looking at him. "Okay." He said sitting down on the other side. I looked at him with a slight smile. I looked back at her once I noticed her moving. She opened her eyes and looked at me. "Hey." I said smiling down at her.

(Y/N)'s pov

      I opened my eyes and looked over at the person sitting next to me. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw that it was Percy as well as Grover on the other side. Percy flashed his amazing smile I had fallen for. Wait, I didn't just say that. Did I? I can't have feelings for him! He doesn't even feel the same most likely. "Hey." He said, looking at me with this look on his face. It was a an affectionate and comforting look. "So, what's happened?" I asked, wondering how long I was out again. "Just a day." Grover replied. "Well, since you're both up, how about a tour of the camp." He added. I had nodded along with Percy and went to stand up. Percy quickly went to my side and helped me up. I thanked him and we had followed Grover outside of the infirmary. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood." Grover said as he outstretched his arms in a way to show us. "Half meaning what?" Percy asked. "Half meaning half human and half god." Grover said that statement like it was a casual conversation.

       "This is where you'll become leaders, warriors, and heros." Grover went on with his tour. "What are you talking about? I have dyslexia and ADHD. I'm no hero or warrior or leader of some sort." I told Grover and earned a nod from Percy. "Yeah same here, bud." Percy added. "Exactly! Those are your natural battle instincts." He told us. "How? How are they natural battle instincts?" I asked, getting more questions than answers now. "Dyslexia, you can't read modern English. The letters float off the page. That's because your brains are hardwired for Ancient Greek, not English." He explained. "Okay, what about the ADHD part?" Percy asked, wanting more answers as well. "You can't stay still! That makes you a harder target. When you stay still, it's easier to be targeted but when you're moving around it's way harder to keep you as a target." He explained again.

         "Okay, so you're saying that all of this," I said pointing around us, "is real?" Grover nodded and smiled. He showed us around and we stopped at this huge open area. There were people fighting and training, as Grover put it. There was this girl who was fighting all of these guys and beating every single one of them. "What's her name?" Percy asked pointing at her. I felt a tinge of jealousy. How could I be so stupid to think he'd ever like me in that way? "Ha, she will squash you like a bug." Grover laughed at him. "Her name." Percy said again. "Annabeth Chase. Daughter of Athena, goddess of wisdom." Grover replied. "Come on, there's someone I want you to meet." Grover told us walking away. I followed Grover walking past Percy without looking at him.

Percy's pov

       What's wrong with (Y/N)? She didn't even look at me when she walked past. Maybe she thinks I like that girl. I caught up to her and grabbed her arm gently. I turned her around as she looked at me. "What?" She asked. "I hope you don't think I like that Annabeth girl. I don't even know her, okay?" I told her. I could see her blush and she tried to hide it, thinking I didn't see. I smiled at her and took a deep breath. "There's something I've wanted to tell you for some time now." I said, now is the time I think I should tell her.

        "Hey, come on guys." Grover yelled back at us. "Yeah we're coming." (Y/N) yelled back. "We should probably go." I said. She nodded and we started walking again. I mentally scolded myself for not telling her. When will I get the guts to tell her? Next time I can talk to her I'll tell her. I have to before someone else makes a move. I'll have to tell her when I get the chance. Hopefully I can do it.