Chapter 13

Chapter 13  

 “Would you both mind staying with me tonight please?” I asked well more like pleaded as I really needed to sleep but at the same time I didn’t want to be left alone in this strange house.

Well that’s another lie. Gosh I’m lying a lot to myself lately. The truth was, I just didn’t want to have to face Joshua alone.  If Elle and Lisa stayed with me then he wouldn’t have the chance to be alone with me which would be safer. Well for me anyway because I knew deep down I wouldn’t be able to keep this act up if we were alone for a long enough period. Right this second I’d love nothing more than for him to be here with me, holding me in his big strong arms. Before my thoughts got way out of hand Elle spoke up.

“Of course we’re not going to leave you here on your own you fool. Anyway Joshua has already told us we could stay. Oh and by the way could you call him because girl that man has got it bad. Seriously he hasn’t stopped calling and texting us since the minute he left, asking how you are.” Elle sounded annoyed but by the massive smile on her face and her twinkling eyes I knew she was loving every minute of Joshua‘s persistence. Her words where like a kick start to heart as well as the rest of my body.  I couldn’t stop the smile from spreading across my face at the thought of Joshua worrying about me. Surely that means he cares for me right? My face felt as if it was going to split I was smiling so much.

“Ha I knew it! Just look at that face!” Elle screamed excitedly while pointing her finger at me. Lisa bust open laughing “Ok you win! I hate how you always have to win everything.” Lisa mumbled the last part while pouting.  The next thing I saw nearly had me choking. Lisa handed a bundle of cash over to Elle. Where they seriously betting on me?

 “Hey don’t look so surprised surely you’d known yourself you wouldn’t be able to resist the godly Joshua. Especially when he is well and truly into you! Girl I would’ve jumped his bones already.” Elle and Lisa were literally wetting themselves laughing whilst me on the other hand, just laid there with my mouth wide opened in shock that my best friends had just betted on me.  To tired to even get into an argument with them right now, I just closed my eyes and ignored their bellowing laughter.

I must’ve dosed off at some point because when I woke up the rays of the morning sun flooding the room. My head still felt sore but thankfully, no pain attacked me as I feared. Looking to my side Lisa and Elle where fast asleep in a make shift bed on the floor. Sliding my body to the side of the bed I went to get up but was stopped by hands wrapping themselves around my waist. My heart near on stopped as my breath caught and my body stiffened. I sat momently shocked. With the arms securely wrapped around me from behind I knew instantly he was in bed with me. OH MY GOD! I mentally screamed.

 “Breathe baby it’s only me.” I knew it was Joshua! How couldn’t I when my body went into overdrive. Even though he was whispering it still made me feel all warm and tingly.  Feeling him burry his head into my neck my first reaction was to run but I couldn’t move.

“You had me going out of my mind with worry precious girl and even though I know that I’m the last person you wanted to wake up with, I just couldn’t stay away. I needed to know that you were ok and before you go all mad on me, I promise you that I kept my hands to myself all night. Not that I wanted too but I didn’t want you getting the wrong impression of me.”  His words came out in a rush as if he was panicking on what my reaction was going to be. However, his words not only soothed me but they melted me to the core, evaporating all my previous thoughts.

 This man was going to be the death of me, I swear. Everything about him had my body screaming to give him a chance but could I really give my heart to someone so soon? The scary reality was yes I could for Joshua, I could. The only thing that was stopping me was my baby. He or she wasn’t even born and I was thinking of being with someone other than their father.

 “Isabella please give me a chance to show you that I’m not just some guy out for an easy lay.  From the minute I saw you I felt something I never thought in a million years I would ever feel. There is something special about you that draws me to you and I want to get to know you more.”  My lungs were now screaming for air as I had totally forgotten that I was still holding my breath.   Taking in a big gulp of air I felt my body starting to slowly relax, well a little anyway.

 Still sat on the edge of the bed, Joshua moved so he was now sitting behind me with his legs hanging either side of me. As he held me like I was some rare delicate flower. Sitting on his bed engulfed by Joshua’s body all doubts of being with him vanished. No longer able to fight off the strong attraction I felt towards him, I leaned back into his arms. None of us spoke but the silence was saying it all. It was as if our souls were connecting. A loud knocking on the door snapped us both out of dazed moment.

 “Come in” Joshua shouted waking Lisa and Elle in the progress.  Heat filled my cheeks as I quickly looked down to see what I was wearing. Seeing I had my long pyjamas pants on and a big baggy t-shirt I silently thanked Lisa. How did I know it was Lisa? Well if it had been Elle who had dressed me, there’s no doubt I would’ve been wearing the shortest of shorts and the smallest of tops leaving all to see.  That’s when I actually took notice on what Joshua was wearing and seeing that he had shorts on made my heart flutter for him being so considerate.   

My head snapped up as I recognized the voice of the doctor talking to Joshua. My entire body went rigid at the thought of Joshua in the same room as the doctor and me. Oh my god I hope he hasn’t told him or mention anything about the baby. It wasn’t that I didn’t want Joshua to know, well I didn’t but at the same time after all he has done for me I think he has a right to know. However, I wanted to be the one to tell him. I wanted to be able to explain everything to him.

 If I tell him, then surely he will see that I’m not just some girl that fell pregnant while sleeping around. I needed him to know that I wasn’t that type of girl. As if he felt all the tension in my body he began whispering soothing words as he rubbed his hands slowly up and down my arms. My mind was spiralling with so many emotions and thoughts that I didn’t know what the hell to do. As if the fates had made my mind up for me Joshua asked everyone to give us a few minutes alone.

As soon as everyone left the room; Joshua picked me up and spun me around so I was now sitting straddling his hips. Not ready to face him yet I lowered my head, as if in some way that was going to protect me. Placing his fingers under my chin he slowly lifted my face up until our eyes locked. Seeing the worry and concern in his eyes made what I needed to say, so much harder.

****************************

OMG she's going to tell him!!!!