Going through the trunk

Thursday – July 19th – Gringotts – 1991 – 9:47 AM

I opened my trunk to see the empty sixth compartment layered with all my shrunken items of what I had brought today. I pulled out all my things and laid them on my desk. I went to the trunk and frowned as the man hadn't told me how to get to each of the compartments. I then noticed a small note stuck to the top of the trunk and took it off the note and began reading it.

Good evening/morning, young lad!

I never got your name so I couldn't address you properly. If you hadn't already guessed, I'm the old man that sold you the trunk either earlier that day or the day or so before.

I forgot to tell you that the trunk has a button on the side of it that brings you to the compartment that you want to use. Just think of what you want and if it's in the trunk, it'll bring you to the compartment that it is in. if you have nothing in the trunk, just press the button once and it'll take you to the next compartment.

Please come again,

John Caleb.

I smiled softly at the letter and looked at the trunk and found the button on the inside side of the trunk. I watched with amazement as the trunk switched to the first compartment that had a small set of draws on one side of it and little squares to hold buddles of quills, a few pots of ink and rolls of parchment. I then began gathering my robes and putting them in the sets of draws. I then grabbed my quills, ink and parchment and placed them in their respected spots.

I pressed the button again and smiled as the second compartment appeared in seconds. The second compartment revealed the library meant for my school books. I looked around and gather all the books on the ground and started putting them in two piles of my school books and my books that I brought today and the magical books on my shelf.

My School book pile consisted of The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1), A History of Magic by Bathinda Bagshot, Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling, A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration, One Thousand Magic Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore, Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Schamber, The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.

My other pile consisting of Herbology for beginner to Herbology for Masters, How to recognize a dangerous plant, How to care for any plant in the world – self updating is seven sickles, Rare plants in the Wizarding world, Muggle plants used for Wizarding purposes, Wandless Magic for beginners, Carriers and what they are, Magical Recopies for all ages – Self Updating for seven Sickles each Recipe that is Updated or added, How to become an Animagus, How to shield your mind, How to recognize when someone is entering your mind, How to become a Legilimency user, Transfiguration for Beginners, How Transfiguration works, Transfiguration for Master, Every day house hold charms, Charms you can use to defend yourself, How to prepare ingredients for potions, How to make a potion for idiots, Defence for Beginners, Light Defence spells, Dark Defence spells and Defence for Masters.

I sighed softly before picking up my school book and placing them in the library. I watched with wounder as they started arranging themselves into alphabetical order. I watched until it was complete before pressing the button and the next compartment appeared before me like before. This compartment was for my non-school books that I wanted to take with me. I grabbed the large pile of books and put them in one by one before watching again as they arranged themselves in order.

I pressed the button again the fourth compartment appeared. I grabbed my cauldron and placed it in its respected spot, placed my potion vials and put them in their little holders and pressed the button again to reveal the fifth compartment. I sighed as I looked around and sighed. All that was left was my extra items like my telescopes and brass scales. I pressed the button again and the sixth compartment appeared. I placed the last of my things in the trunk and then closed the trunk.