Chapter Thirty-Seven

Taylor's POV

"And where are you going?" Wayne asks me, raising a brow.

"Bathroom," I smile.

As I make my way upstairs my hands start to tremble. With one final step I finally reach the door, twisting the door knob and stepping inside the secluded room.

"Taylor? What are you doing up here?" Nicolas asks, grabbing me gently and stepping in front of me in a protective manner.

Victor chuckles, amused. "Well well well, look who we have here," he says tauntingly. "You're just in time."

I look up at Nicolas, worry evident on my features.

"You see, your little boyfriend here just killed my brother," Victor says, pointing the gun towards something.

I look to my right, a guy who I'm guessing is Ivan lays there, his body slumped lifelessly.

I swallow the large lump in my throat and turn back to Victor, tears filling my eyes from my previous sight.

"Now, I'm done playing nice. You've crossed the line," Victor says, his eyes turning a shade darker.

My eyes widened at Victor's words.

I tighten my grip on Nicholas as I bite my lip nervously. Everything we've done for the past year has led us to this very point, and I'm ready to encounter whatever is thrown at us.

"This is what's going to happen now," Victor starts, lifting the gun and pointing it directly at me and Nicholas. "You're both going to pay for what you've done to Ivan."

I whimper, closing my eyes in fear and biting my lip.

"For years, you've always thought your mafia was better than ours. Always selling more product, having more money. Well it all ends now. I'm so sick and tired of you thinking you're better than me, better than us," Victor looks at his brother, sorrow written all over his face.

"I-I need to think. What do I do?" Victor mutters quietly to himself even though we still heard him. He starts frantically pacing around the room as if he's thinking very carefully about something.

He starts waving his gun around carelessly as me and Nicolas start slowly backing up towards the door.

"Don't. Fucking. Move," Victor says, pointing the gun at us again. Nicolas sightly turns his head towards me, still looking at Victor.

"On the count of three, I want you to run, and don't stop for a second," he explains.

"What? No, I'm not going to leave you," I whisper back, looking up at Nicolas.

"Taylor, this isn't the time to be stubborn. This has nothing to do with you and I don't want you to get hurt because of my actions. Run on three," he says sternly. "Do you understand?"

"Ok," I mumble and close my eyes shut, inhaling and exhaling as I prepare myself to run.

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three!"

I let go of his arm and bolt away from Victor, hiding behind a big bin placed in the secluded corner of the large office.

I hear loud commotion coming from around the corner as I continue to hide quietly.

"Where did she go?!"

Victor continues to angrily yell for me as both him and Nicolas fight each other. Grunts and groans of pain are heard clearly as my heart beat fastens in fear.

I stand up a bit in my hiding spot and peek my head up, Victor towering over Nicolas laying on the floor while pointing a gun at him.

He suddenly hits him on the head with the gun, Nicolas groaning and holding his head before it soon starts to look like he's about to pass out.

"You really thought you could play me? Think again," Victor says, taking the safety off the gun. "See you around Nicolas, and and don't worry. I'll be sure to take good care of Taylor."

"Stop!" Before he could pull the trigger I hurriedly stood up out of my hiding spot and jumped on his back, tackling him to the ground.

"Taylor!" Nicolas shouts, distracting me from the task at hand. I pull at Victor's hair as he's under me, making him hiss out in pain.

While he's distracted by the pain of me grabbing his hair I grab the gun from his hand, the weight catching me off guard as I drop it.

I groan impatiently and start crawling towards the gun, desperate to end this whole situation.

Victor then grabs my ankles, pulling me back towards him. I turn around and start kicking, eventually kicking him in his face with my heel.

He stumbles back, holding his bleeding eye. Blood covers his face as he blinks rapidly, trying to get the blood out of his eye as it prevents him from seeing out his left eye.

I turn back around, crawling as fast as I can to the gun.

Once I have the weapon in my hand I manage to stand up on my feet, immediately pointing the gun at him.

My heart beats fastens and I accidentally look down at the gun, my eyes widening.

"Whoa," Victor says, putting his hand up in surrender. "Oh come on now Taylor, put the gun down."

"After everything you've done?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. "No, I-I don't think so."

"Come on Taylor, let's talk about this," Victor chuckles nervously. He starts walking towards me and I lift the gun higher, shaking my head.

"Don't come any closer or I'll blow your fucking head off," I say with a shaky breath, trembling and shaking in fear.

"You won't shoot me," he says, dropping his hands to his side. He tilts his head to the side, looking at me intently. "Look at you, you're shaking sweetheart."

"I—"

"You can't do it, can you?" Victor says, chuckling.

He suddenly starts running towards me at full speed and without thinking correctly I pull the trigger, Victor stopping in his tracks.

He looks down at his chest, slowly moving his hand to hold the leaking blood before looking back up at me.

The small red dot on his chest grows bigger with each passing second.

He stumbles, still trying to move towards me but I close my eyes and pull the trigger again, Victor falling to the floor with a loud thud.

I choke on a sob, looking down at him as Nicolas gets up off the floor and rushes towards me.

"Taylor, give me the gun," Nicolas says softly, taking the gun out my hands. I whimper and sob, closing my eyes as I drop to the floor in relief.

It's finally over.

Nicolas bends down and sits on the floor, wrapping his arms around me and holding me tightly. He nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck, the bridge of his nose brushing against my skin.

"It's over Thomas," he whispers in my ear. I nod slowly, resting my head on his chest.

It's over.

____________________________________

Only a few chapter left. Feeling bittersweet :(

Please vote, comment, and follow! It's greatly appreciated!

Take care my loves.

aaliyah rose <3