Chapter 34

Inei's POV. Ubuyashiki Estate. Days after the defeat of Upper Rank Four and Five.

We've been summoned to a Hashira Meeting and I guess I know what is this all about.

Gyomei-san and I are sitting next to each other facing the other six pillars who are seated adjacent to each other.

Shinazugawa, Iguro, and Shinobu on Himejima's right side.

Tomioka-san, Mitsuri-san, and Muichiro on my left side.

Sanemi: Ah, I envy you guys, dammit. Why can't I bump into Upper Moons?

Obanai: It's not like you can bump into them all of the time. Not to mention, Saito is the only Hashira who finally encountered most of the Upper Moons, and even Muzan himself.

Inei: Except for Upper Rank Five. I never encountered them but Muichiro told me about his battle.

Obanai: Hmm, I'm just thinking, how the hell did you even find difficult in fighting Upper Rank Six and Four, while you easily cornered Upper Ranks One, Two, Three, and Muzan.

Inei: Their fighting style is different. Also, the location is different. We fought the Upper Ranks Six, Five, and Four in areas where are a lot of people.

Inei: While I encountered the rest of the Upper Moons and Muzan in secluded places.

Obanai: I see. By the way, I hate to ask this but how are you three doing?

Mitsuri: Oh! Yeah! Yes, I'm feeling a lot better!

Muichiro: I......am not yet in full strength.

Inei: I just needed ten hours of sleep and surprisingly I'm back at full strength.

Gyomei: If we lose any more pillars, the Demon Slayers will be in trouble. But defeating two Upper Moons without casualties is very noble.

Gyomei: And the fact that Saito is there once more to support you.

Inei: I feel like I've only playing minor roles, after all, I've always arrive late.

Mitsuri: No, no, no! Saito-san, you always came at the right moment! You helped me after all!

Shinobu: Yep, you shouldn't doubt yourself. After all, an assassin is the who supposed to finish off the enemy, right?

Inei: Thanks.

Shinobu: Also, Inei, you recovered fast just from a whole night's rest.

Shinobu: You're asleep when Kanroji-san and the others brought you back.

Inei: Yeah. Also, Mitsuri-san and Muichiro recovered fast but, I can see that they're not yet recovered.

Shinobu: Also, Inei, I noticed that you got a birthmark across your face. It's the same in from your nape.

Inei: I didn't know when, but........

Inei: Mitsuri-san, when you threw me to chase Upper Rank 4.......did I already have these marks?

Mitsuri: Yes. I was even surprised when I saw them. I mean, it's impossible for you to be wounded by a demon.