Chapter twelve | I feel weird

Cracks started to form everywhere again.

"I'll never be good enough for you, will I?" No. Your good enough for me Mira. I know you always made many ways to help this family and maybe make us be proud of you. But just being with you I'm already proud.

Thank you for making me realized my problem.

"No matter how hard I try." No just being you is already okay. When even you don't try that's the time I really feel very comfortable.

Mirabel looked at our direction, I saw something on eyes that flect realization. "No matter how hard any of us tries!"

This is where she started to say the facts. "Luisa will never be strong enough, Isabella won't be perfect enough, Julio won't be smart enough!"

"Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him!" All of them saw the worst in him, blind because of what the vision brings, they only saw the worst from the vision and Bruno.

"Bruno didn't care about his family!" Sometimes I wonder if Abuela really knew her children well enough. Bruno is the total opposite of that.

"He loves this family, I love this family, We all love this family! Your the one who does care! Your the one breaking our home!" True. Abuela always put the miracle and community first. She doesn't even notice us developing anxiety because of being perfect and useful.

"Don't you ever!"

"The Miracle Is Dying Because Of You!"

It was silent for a bit and then..

»Crack!«

I let out a silent gasp, as the cracks formed. "No,no,no!" Mamá's shout got my attention.

The cracks began lead to the upper window where the candle was placed. "The candle!" The window was damaged as the cracks reached it and the house shook at the same time making me fall because I didn't get my balance.

What's with me falling all the time?

I was still sitting on the floor when Mirabel shouted help from Casita. "Casita get me up there!"

I saw Mirabel and quickly snapped out of my daze,  I decided to help out. I quickly stood up, I made a staircase made out of snow and as I step on it it instantly turn into ice, I ran towards the top. I need to stop Mirabel for getting that candle.

We need to get out of here. My instincts say that there are red flags everywhere.

As I ran up I saw Camilo and Isabella on my right, also using their gifts to their advantage to also get to the candle? Or maybe get Mirabel?

My running was slown down because I need to check if Camilo and Isabella is okay, their gifts..they stopped already. I saw that my door was still growing and I continued to run up, I was very close reach the roof, just 5 more steps.

The stair case made of of Ice suddenly cracked, making it break,"ah!" my shocked face proves that I was not expecting that. "Ulito!" I heard Camilo shout my nickname in worry.

My reflexes moved on it's own out of fear, I raised my right hand up to atleast make something that would help me.

»thump«

When I opened my eyes I saw a big gorilla's face as the gorilla put me down he was disappearing along with the wind, I sat there in a daze as I processed what happened.

"Careful Antonio!"

"Ulito look out!"

Both papá and Camilo's voiced reached my ear, suddenly I was dragged by two hands back. Wow..I was almost hit my a falling terrace railing. Casita, I can't help but to be scared at what will happen next.

I quickly stood up and saw Camilo's worried-scared face and behind him  papá carrying Antonio in worry.

"We got to get out of here!"

Papá ran with Antonio, at the same time Camilo grabbed my hand and dragged towards the door.

"Mirabel, Mirabel-ah!" Camilo choose to stop near the door frame, I looked back and saw my tiá and tió shouting for Mirabel to get out as they go through Casita's tiles moving as a wave to get us out. "Mirabel we need out!"

I cling into Camilo's arm and his arm was on my shoulder making a side hug like his afraid we'll be separated.

We were all thrown out by Casita.

Like my Papá and Luisa did to Antonio and Abuela. Camilo hugged me and used his body to make sure I was okay as we were thrown into the ground.

I stood up quickly as I looked at Mirabel still going for the candle. Mirabel..your going to be the death of me one day.

"Mirabel Leave It!" I agree with tiá Julieta, She didn't need to get the candle it's useless, her life is much more valuable.

I got more nervous as I saw that the tower got a big long crack. Who am I kidding? Every corner of Casita was forming various cracks.

"Mirabel the house is gonna fall!" It's gonna fall. The house.. she's going to die if the house collapse, unless..Wait Casita is still alive but their power and control is much more weak then before. Casita.

Mirabel finally got the candle and then my worst nightmare happened, The tower collapsed, I saw the roof tiles moved to get her down and then after that I moved my eyes towards the door I couldn't see anything because there's allot of dust all over so that's why I didn't see what the next thing happened.

I don't know what happened but my instincts say that Casita kept her safe.

As the house collapsed, Mamá hugged me and Camilo for protection, she also drag us to back up to get away from the debris that might hit us because of how close we we're to the collapsing House, Casita.

Casita, I don't know if their in pain but... depending on this phenomenon I think their in great pain.

All of sudden my legs gave in and my body fell, Camilo was shocked by this and quickly reacted to catch me. Camilo held my hand while looking at my frowning face in worry, "Julio? Ulito, are you okay?"

Not receiving anything from me made him panic and felt that something was very wrong. "Julio?! Mamá! Julio his– I don't know! he sudden collapsed to the ground!" I felt that his grip on my shoulder was trembling, 'Camilo calm down it's okay I'm fine', that's what I wanted to say.

Sadly my half almost unconscious self can't say it.

Camilo's shout gained my family's attention. Mamá, Papá and Dolores came to see what's wrong in a hurry.

I clenched my hand into a fist as I felt sad when I saw their worried faces. 'I feel weird,' My breathing got unstable as my body feel hot all over.

.

.

.

.

.