Chapter 14

The faint sound of the ground hitting the girl's shoes rhythmically sung with the mirthful hum of summer air

The faint sound of the ground hitting the girl's shoes rhythmically sung with the mirthful hum of summer air. It seems as though Pepa is in a very good mood this afternoon as she finally had the chance to ask Camilo's friend over for dinner tonight, she's been trying to do so these past few months but for some reason the girl has the ability to methodologically dodge almost every attempt of possible interaction with her.

Whether this is on purpose, or simply Pepa's unluckiness, the world would never know.

"Go fish."

"Papí, we're playing poker, honey."

"I want to play go fish though..."

"Ay, fine we'll play go fish."

She could hear her parents voice from outside, they seem to be playing card games while her brother is taking his afternoon nap. Upon entering her home, agressive shuffling of cards can be heard in the living room the two adults are currently located in. Mamí must've really wanted to play a poker game, huh?

"Mamí, Papí." The girl called her parents' attention, to which they didn't hear, they were far to busy playing their card games. She could see her mother's flame of determination began to ignite as she held the cards at hand, her mother had always been the competitive type in any type of games.

"Mama, Papa."

"Ma, Pa, oi."

Still no reply.

"Mamá, Papá. I'm pregnant and I don't know who the father is."

"WHAT?!" Her mother whipped her head to face her daughter, shock filling her entire being as her husband on the other hand, stared at his only daughter, petrified at what he had heard.

Heh, works everytime.

"T'was but a joke, aha, silly me."

"Hija! Don't scare us like that! For a second there I thought I need to whoop Camilo's butt in front of his family!" Her mother breathed a big sigh of relief, standing up from the floor to walk to her daughter, greeting her with her signature barrage of kisses and a tight hug.

"Why did you immediately assume it'd be Camilo though?" She teen asked, voice slightly muffled from still being engulfed in her mother's tight hug.

"Because he's the only boy your age that you talk to." 

"Understandable, however I don't think he would do such a thing."

"You do not, and must not underestimate the lack of self-restraint hormonal teenagers have, mi Luna."

Mi Luna?

"Do you understand, hija?" The mother touched both side of her daughter's cheeks making her look at her in the eyes.