Chapter 15 - Towards a New Land

~~~

第15章 新たなる土地へ

(Rimuru's Perspective)

As we pass through the [Portal Gate], the hobgoblins and the tempest wolves present in the village's side are astounded. This is perhaps their first time seeing an ability like this.

Some wolves stretch their paws, showing their razor-sharp claws; some hobgoblins, who have apparently been appointed patrol team, are looking at the portal cautiously with whatever weapons they have in their hands. All look ready to attack in tandem at that very moment.

But when Ciel and I come out of the portal, their extreme caution immediately turns into relief as they immediately cheer up after seeing us. They begin surrounding us in a half-circle-like formation.

"""Rimuru-sama, Ciel-sama, welcome back home!""" they exclaim in unison.

Rigurd walks towards us. He stops in front of us then bows with his right palm in front of his chest. "It truly gladdens me to see you coming back safe and sound, Rimuru-sama, Ciel-sama."

"Ah, Rigurd," I say. "Good job for managing the village well while we were away."

"Ha-ha-ha! I feel honoured by your kind words." He looks at the dwarves behind us. "But Rimuru-sama, Ciel-sama, who are these people? Are these perhaps the ones that you were talking about before your departure?"

I take a glance at the dwarves. 

They look bewildered as they are observing their surroundings. They must've thought that the village of ours is simply a "village", like, a village of humans since Ciel and I never showed even a bit of our aura in front of them.

When they actually are here, they are instead greeted by monsters. There are so many hobgoblins and wolves all around the village; and the wolves, even people with a little to none adventure experience can immediately tell that they are not your regular direwolves. They have way larger bodies and possess much more menace.

No matter how one looks at it, the wolves are still far stronger than the hobgoblins in both physical and magical power by a huge margin. Yet, what they see here are some hobgoblins riding the wolves and the wolves that don't seem to mind it.

This idea of two different races of monsters living at the same place harmoniously without any visible conflicts might've added their bewilderment.

"Yep, you are right. They are the ones who are going to help us all to build our village." I take a step behind. "Kaijin."

"Hm? Ah, y-yes?" He snaps back to reality as I call his name.

"You may introduce yourself and the other dwarves."

"R-right." He takes a step forward and stands in front of Rigurd. "Ahem. My name is Kaijin. And those are my co-workers: Garm, Dord, Myrd, and the other twelve dwarves behind us: Arn, Yoshiaki, Bard, Arvid, Kaito, Masashi, Brandt, Farrar, Brian, Schmidt, Uri, and Halvar. As Lord Rimuru and Lady Ciel requested, we have come to help you to build and develop this village. Nice to meet you."

(A.N., just to clarify, Kaijin does slightly change his way of speaking around Rimuru and Ciel because of the event that happened in the previous chapter. That is why "Boss" becomes "Lord" and "Miss" becomes "Lady")

Kaijin offers his hand to Rigurd.

"Welcome to our humble village," Rigurd shakes his hand. "My name is Rigurd, the Goblin King, the one whose duty is to manage and govern this village entrusted by the great Rimuru-sama and Ciel-sama. I am delighted to make your acquaintance, Kaijin-dono."