Chapter 18 - Safe Now

I was still asleep when we arrived back home. Honey carried me to the infirmary. He didn't want to leave me so he laid with me in his arms in my hospital bed.

Kiji: "The warden is waiting to see me, dear. My guess is it's to discuss my suspension. So I'll say goodbye for now."

He turned to leave.

Honey: "Wait, Kiji."

Kiji: "Hm?"

Honey: "I'm sorry."

He smiled.

Kiji: "It's alright. Neither you nor her have anything to be sorry about."

He left us alone. I woke up a couple hours later and looked up to see Honey had fallen asleep with me. His sleeping face was adorable.

Alison: "Honey..."

He wakes up and looks down at me.

Honey: "Morning, beautiful. Guess you made me fall asleep too."

Alison: "Sorry..."

He smiled.

Honey: "It's okay... it was kinda like... falling asleep with a kitten on my chest."

I pouted at him with my cheeks slightly pink.

Alison: "I'm not a kitten..."

He kissed my head. Tears fill my eyes as I looked up into his face.

Honey: "Uh- why are you crying?"

I smiled.

Alison: "I'm just so happy... and relieved."

Honey: "You're safe now."

He held me closer. I did feel safe in his arms.

Dr Otogi: "41, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

Alison: "I'm okay now."

I winced as he held my arm up.

Dr Otogi: "I meant physically."

Alison: "Uh- yeah... still hurts like hell."

Dr Otogi: "Come with me. I'll need to see what damage is done before I can do anything."

I glanced up at Honey. He gave me a comforting smile, and I stood up and followed Dr Otogi. After some examining, it turned out the cut on my arm was deep and had a bit of an infection. In addition to that, I had two broken ribs and multiple bruises all over your body.

Dr Otogi: "You're in rough shape, kid. Honestly... if that old supervisor of yours was here, I'd teach her a thing or two about decent human treatment."

The image of Dr Otogi harshly lecturing June made me smile.

HONEY'S POV

Trois: "Honey!"

Honey: "Trois? The hell have you been?"

Trois: "Well you see, last I saw you, you were still unconscious right over there. Kiji told me to go back to my cell, saying that he'd watch over you. So I did. But when I came back last night, you were both gone. So I should be the one asking, 'where have you been?'"

Honey: "I went to bring Ali back."

Trois' eyes widened.

Trois: "And...?"