The Beginning of Alena

(A/N: Just to be clear, I'm not going to be doing one-shots for this story like I did for Mrs Mikaelson, I just got this idea in my head and I couldn't get it out, and it's also been highly requested. I've also just decided that Alec and Serena's ship name is Alena. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

What a tough decision it was to decide which black shirt to wear on the mission today. Which was exactly why Serena stood in front of her wardrobe in heels, black leather pants and a bra as she flipped through her various options. They were facing off against demons but their sensors were unable to pick up on what kind as they were deep in the sewers under New York, so Serena was thinking of something with a lot of coverage - well, a lot of coverage by her and Izzy's standards.

Pulling a shirt that covered her arms but had large cutouts in the sides, in the neckline and on the back, she held it to her body as she peered into her mirror, part of her being unable to help it as she wondered what Alec might think of her in it.

As if knowing that she was thinking about him, the man in question strode into her room, no knock, no announcement, nothing, he burst into the room with a look in his eyes that told her he was using whatever amount of courage he could muster at this moment.

Hanging the shirt back up, Serena placed her hands on her hips as she asked, "Can I help you?"

"You're going to go on a date with me," he blurted and she blinked.

"Excuse you?"

"You heard me," he said, though, not with much conviction before he exhaled and all his nerves seemed to leave with the breath. "I'm tired of ignoring whatever the hell is between us just for the sake of our family. I've never seen you as my sister and I know you've never seen me as your brother or else you wouldn't have made all those flirty comments. You wouldn't have looked at me the way you did before you had to distract that shapeshifter demon. And you wouldn't have almost kissed me the other night when those Ravener demons got me pretty good and you thought I almost died," he reasons as her arms fell from her hips and she just stared at him, mouth slightly parted as he moved closer to her, taking her hands. "So, I'm not giving you a choice."

"Alec -"

"Nope," he cut her off as she lifted her eyes to meet his. "You're going on this date with me. You're going to give us a chance, your brother and my sister be damned. My parents be damnded. Our responsibilities be damned. For once, just do this for yourself. For me. For us."

Serena couldn't help but laugh.

"I didn't think I'd ever see the day that you threw your duties as a Shadowhunter away."

"They're important, yes, but you are more important. You and everything you want to do. Like actively better the relationship between Shadowhunters and Downworlders."

"How'd you know about that?" she asked, surprised and confused as Alec smirked at her.

"I pay attention. I know you and you know me in ways that go beyond family. So why fight it?"

Serena bit her lips as she mulled it over, her eyes never once leaving Alec's that were so full of anxiety.

"Alec, can you please leave?" she asked and his whole face fell.

"But - what about -"

"Alec," she interrupted. "I need you to leave so I can finish getting ready for the mission tonight, because the sooner it's over, the sooner you can take me out on a date."

It took a second for him to process her words.

"So that's a yes?" he asked with a hopeful smile and she chuckled.

"I thought I had no say in the matter?"

Alec scoffed.

"As if I could actually force you to do anything you didn't want to."

Serena's smile was smug as she moved her hands to straighten out his leather jacket.

"Should this date turn out well, then I think you'll be aware of just how much influence you have over me," she said somewhat cryptically and continued speaking before Alec could say anymore. "But seriously, can you leave so I put a shirt on and then we can go?"

It was only then that Alec became aware of the fact that Serena was only in a bra as his cheeks grew red.

"Sorry, um, yeah - yeah, I'll go," he stuttered, a little embarrassed now as he turned and went to leave.

His hand was on the doorknob, about to close the door before Serena called his name again, a warm smile on her face.

"For the record, I'd love to go on a date with you," she confirmed and he mirrored her smile as he closed the door and she looked at the ceiling. "Raziel, please let this date go well," she prayed before slipping the shirt she'd picked out before over her head and slipping her stele into her pocket as she headed for the door.

She had to tell Izzy.

She was going on a date with Alec.

If only she knew that that date was just the beginning of what Raziel had in store for them.