XL. Otto Suwen/A Reason to Believe

"Instead?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Yes." Otto replied.

"Where's the old hag?" Garfiel asked.

"I couldn't foresee what would happen, so I had her go elsewhere." Otto replied.

"And what the hell are you still doin' here? You wanna "talk things over" but the one you wanna talk to ain't even here!" Garfiel said.

"That's true. So I guess we'll just say I'm buying time so a certain boy and girl can be alone for a while." Otto said.

"Otto... Is buying time for me and Subaru?" Emilia asked.

"Tch..." Both Garfiel and Satella clucked their tongues from their respective locations.

"Hah... I know what made you do that." Halibel chuckle.

"Shut up!" Satella pouted.

"I don't know but I think it will..." Sehkmet uttered.

"Oh, really?!" Garfiel angrily asked and punches Otto in the gut, making him kneel in pain.

"I knew it." Sehkmet sighed.

"What a mean beast... you are...!" Carmilla said on Garfiel.

"Huh? Of course, he is always the mean one here!" Minerva added.

"Shut up, you damn witches! Don't you act like you aren't way horrible than I do!" Garfiel angrily yelled.

"He's not wrong... With that though..." Julius said.

"You ain't got what it takes, small fry." Garfiel said and leaves the tomb. Suddenly, he noticed that something was missing from him and it was the stone.

"The stone--" Garfiel now falls into a trap made by Otto to make him fall deeper into the ground.

"Damn it." Garfiel cursed.

"Is this what you're looking for? A merchant always keeps one step ahead to ascertain his chances of success, and that's what I am." Otto said while showing the stone he got from Garfiel.

"Woah! For real?!" Ferris asked.

"Seriously... How did I manage to get that away from him...?" Otto asked in doubt.

"Haha! Just be proud of your future self, Otto." Kadomon said.

"He's... right, Otto." Carmilla said.

"Eh... Even if I said those words, and all of those were right, I can't still think about how I managed to steal it from Garfiel..." Otto said.

"You piece of..." Garfiel cursed.

Zodda Bugs around the hole start to glow

"I've never had very many human friends, but I made of lots of non-han friends instead. The entire forest is against you now. Enjoy this welcome from the zodda bugs first!" Otto said and the Zodda bugs start to swarm Garfiel to prevent him from mobilizing.

"Damn it... Damn it! Damn it!!" Garfiel yelled.

"Eek! That's scary!! Mommy!!" Mildo cried.

"Gah! Why are you crying again?!" Kazuma angrily asked.

"E-Eh... Gross... Disgusting!" Minerva said with a disgusted look.

"Shit... You will pay for that." Garfiel warned Otto.

"B-B-But why?! I just did it for my friend!" Otto cried.

"Heh..." Garfiel rolled his eyes out and ignored Otto.