23

Chen Ming slept until noon again.

Zhou Nan knew this was his habit, and it

was no surprise. But when he saw Chen Ming awake

and stare at the

ceiling, he couldn’t help asking, “What’s

on the ceiling?” He leaned over

to stare together.

There were a few broken cobwebs.

Zhou Nan waited for Chen Ming to analyze them, but the latter just replied seriously, “Nothing. This bed is comfortable. I feel like I’ve grown on it. Why not just lie down like this for a day?”

After one night, the zombies and the strange mountain were all left behind. He was more casual than a traveler.

Zhou Nan floated right above him and stared at him seriously, “Be nervous, little brother, you need a sense of crisis. I went to the mountain yesterday. Guess what I saw?”

Chen Ming squinted his dull eyes and said coldly, “Shouldn’t we talk about you wandering about without telling me first?”

“If you think what I saw was meaningless, then we can talk about it.” Zhou

Nan couldn’t stand Chen Ming talking to him half-naked. After fumbling out the outfit from his bag, he

threw it at Chen Ming, “Get

dressed first.”

Chen Ming looked at the shirt in his hand and sighed. “Fine.” He was strangely obedient this time, and though he was reluctant, he was dressed and slowly buckled the shirt, “Let me guess… Did you see a zombie?”

“No.”

“Then we can start talking about you running around.” Chen Ming said without hesitation.

Zhou Nan threw the pants into Chen Ming’s arms with annoyance. He took a deep breath to calm down and refrained from arguing with Chen Ming, “I’ve seen a lot of farmland with the same type of flowers, and farmers were patrolling with flashlights.”

“Wow, that’s great. Looks

like there’s a ‘flower thief’

nearby!” Chen Ming teased and put on his pants.

Zhou Nan was pissed, “Nonsense, you…” He just wanted to ask Chen Ming to be serious when he saw the latter touching his chin with a serious look.

Enough with the jokes, he was finally serious.

“What flower?” He asked.

Zhou Nan looked down in embarrassment, “I don’t know…”

“What do they look like? If it’s hard to describe … draw it.” Chen Ming pushed the ballpoint pen and notepaper on the table.

“Emm, let me see…” Zhou Nan picked up the pen and tried to draw, “The stem is very straight, the flowers are upwards.” The pen left dark blue lines on the paper, and there appeared the rough outline of the plant.

Chen Ming frowned, tilted his head and looked intently.

Just then, the room door opened. Both were interrupted and looked at the door in surprise, only to see the housekeeping lady.

One man and one ghost looked at this uninvited guest, and no one caught on what had just happened.

“Hello?” Chen Ming asked tentatively.

“Ah? You didn’t go out? Sorry, I’ll come later…” Halfway through the sentence, the lady gazed at the pen hanging in the air, and she glared and exclaimed, “Oh, my! Play with the Ouija board in the daytime?”

Zhou Nan was frightened and his mind went blank. He threw the pen and inadvertently made things worse-the dropping pen made the scene even more bizarre.

The lady’s face was turning white, obvious to the naked eye.

Only Chen Ming could redeem the situation.

“Hey, what Ouija board? How can you still be superstitious in the 21st century?” His brain was running at a great speed, and he desperately tried to find a reasonable explanation.

Chen Ming didn’t have time to judge whether it was reliable enough. He picked up the pen and gently moved his fingers to make it turn around his thumb. Then he steadily stopped and smiled, “Magic, magic…” His smile was extremely stiff and the corners of his mouth twitched.

The explanation was

far-fetched and

embarrassing even to Zhou Nan.

But it was better to have a story than nothing.

The lady was doubtful and still felt uneasy. But she

could no longer say anything and could only apologize again for breaking in. She left and shut the door.

The clicking sound showed that the two were safe.

Chen Ming wiped the

cold sweat and said, “That’s close, it

scared me to

death.”