9 | Dress

Isabelle's POV :

This went from one of my decently favourite classes, to my least. How can one individual make me hate being in a room.

I promised Christian I'd be at the event tomorrow and I still don't have anything to wear, nor have I found it in me to ask Lila to come with me after our little fight. I've planned on backing out many times, but the intense stare I get from Christian, says he knows what I'm trying to do and it's not gonna work.

Throughout the entire class, I make it my priority to try to find a way to cancel without sounding mean. Lila sat right next to me. The tension between the both of us grew so fast, it hurt just to look at her.

She wouldn't even look at me. I guess I understood her point. I got mad at her, I yelled. Everything was just wrong that day. It's been a little less than a week and she still won't listen to me.

When class ended, I waited for everyone to leave before I would try and get out of the event.

That took forever since many of our female students decided they'd like to chat with our sponsor. I sat there waiting. Lila can't even leave because she always needs someone to go with her.

She tried the first day and she was a shaking mess when I got to our dorm. I tried to comfort her but she wouldn't let me.

So it was me, Lila, Christian and few other girls who probably had less than four brains cells, combined.

They finally left and Christian waited for me to come down and ask whatever it was. I grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs towards him. My face was still. I stood in front of him and it was then I took in how tall this guy was.

Carlos is roughly 5'10 and even then I still thought he was tall. But this guy. He looked as if he was about 8'9 or something.

"I won't-."

"Be able to make it." He finished my sentence for me and I huffed in the air between us.

"I have a class actually. It came up unexpectedly."

"Really? Because I was speaking to your professor since I had a feeling you'd do this and he said, you don't have any classes after 4 tomorrow." There was a slight grin displayed at his lip and it looked nice. It was a change from the regular glare on his face.

"I also have to-."

"You made a promise Isabelle."

"I know. But I also don't a dress."

"I can get you one."

"I can't go without Lila, and she doesn't have one either."

"I can get her one too."

"She doesn't want to go, and I can't go without her."

"I can talk to her, I'm sure I can make some changes."

"Well-."

"Enough excuses already. You're coming tomorrow." I am going there to babysit Julian, but I just don't know how to I feel going to such a fancy place. The fanciest place I'd been to was his house, and I'm guessing that this will be no different.

"Fine. We can go dress shopping-."

"Right now. I don't have time later." I rolled my eyes and walked up the stairs. Maybe if I buy an expensive dress he won't want me to come. I went to Lila as she sat there listening to our entire conversation.

"Ready to go with us?" She didn't answer. Just got off her seat and walked down. I walked back down the stairs and left the building with everyone starring. Why wouldn't anyone.