What Now..?

After playing hide and seek, drawing and just goofing around for a few hours it was finally morning!

About fifteen minutes before the pizzaplex was about to open, Sun sat you down to talk for a moment.

"So Y/n...you do know that you'll have to leave today right..?"

You nodded sadly, knowing you'd have to go back home with your stepmom and stepsister...

But what if you didn't?
Your mom left you anyways, so why would she come to pick you up? Unless it was an accident...
But if you were being honest with yourself...
You'd rather stay here with Sun.
He took better care of you and he was your bestfriend!

"Sun..my mom left me here...will she even come to pick me up?"

"Of course she will! I'm sure she'll come as soon as possible!"
Sun cheered, even though he himself was worried that her mom may never show up.

You were doubtful too but went along with it anyways.

"Okay, now when the workers show up I will hide you alright? Because if they see you before any other kids get here then they will know you spent the night. So when a bunch of other children show up you can come out okay?"

You agreed and Sun showed you where to hide, which was behind the ball pit slide. It was actually a pretty good hiding spot.

You both then heard the doors to the daycare open up above on the second level.
Sun quickly and quietly took you to your hiding place and raised a finger to his permanent smile, signaling you to not make any noise.

The employee greeted him and Sun tried his best to act natural.
Ahh, he was so bad at lying-

After awhile when kids started coming in and there were enough to blend in to, you moved out from behind the slide and looked around for Sun.

Sun was over by the play structure with some other kids. When he noticed you standing in the ball pit he felt more relaxed, knowing that you hadn't gotten caught.

He gave you a wave and you gave a small one back, earning some glances from the other kids. You then decided not to bother Sun too much and found a corner to sit at.
Sure, it's boring and it seems weird but were shy! and playing with other boys and girls was scary....

Except Sarah, she was fun to play with! Maybe she'd be back today?

Who knows, for now you just wanted some peace and quiet. You were actually really tired, you barely got any sleep last night.

Laying down on your side you felt the drowsiness weigh down your eye lids more and more until you finally fell asleep.

•••

"Hey kid..."

You groaned, someone was gently shaking you.

"Wake up"

Opening your eyes you saw that the person trying to wake you up was a woman with red hair and green eyes.
"Hm?"
You mumbled, still feeling really tired from your nap.

The woman smiled softly at you and then offered to help you up.
You stood yourself up and she then introduced herself.

"I'm Julia, I work here in the daycare, and you are?"

You rubbed your eyes and answered her
"I'm Y/n.."

"Nice to meet you Y/n, where are your parents? It's almost closing time..."

She started, wearing a somewhat worried expression.
"Wait it's that late already? I must've slept for a long time...wait what should I even tell her?? If I tell her my mom forgot me then she'll know how long I've been here, but I can't think of anything else to say!"

As you were thinking of what to say you spotted Sun fast walking over to where you were.
You mentally sighed in relief and you felt muscles you didn't know were tense relax.
"Sun will know what to do!"

When Sun arrived he stood by your side and answered the lady's question.

"Y/n has a big sibling that works here who is going to pick her up in an hour or so"

Wow, he came up with a good lie-

The lady seemed suspicious of Sun at first but eventually believed him and went about her business.

You looked up at Sun and smiled, giving him a thumbs up
To which he weakly gave one back.
Lying really mentally drained the poor guy.

You both sat and talked about your day for a few minutes but then it just kinda hit you...
Your mom never came for you...again.

Tears started to fill your eyes.
Sure, she was never really all that nice to you but to know that she didn't care at all and that she left you behind on purpose really hit you hard...

Sun quickly noticed this and wiped away the tears that started to fall down your cheeks.

"S-she never cared about me.....what did I ever do to make her w-want to leave me..?"

You chocked out through the hiccups and sobs that escaped your mouth. You tried to be quiet but it was so hard..

Sun picked you up and sat you in his lap again and slowly rocked you back and forth, trying his best to comfort you.

He was heartbroken.
No parent should ever intentionally leave their child, that's just sick!
He wanted to help you so badly but he didn't know how he could make you feel better.
He had gotten so attached to you that he just wished he could take care of you himself, but...he would never be allowed to do that...

Not after what happened last time....