Epilogue

"I was thinking that the red heels would go better with the black dress than the white dress." Marsilia spoke as one of the sales woman held up two dresses in her hands.

Marsilia was out shopping in Palermo for what seemed like the 4th day in a row and since the first day of this streak of hers, she had been taking me along with her - more like dragging me along with her to stores.

"They look great with both." I tried to reply with as much enthusiasm as I could muster at that moment which wasn't a lot. Marsilia seemed to notice that and I instantly felt guilt creep up my heart.

She sighed as she sat down next to me. "Look at me dragging you along to stores when you have much more important stuff to be looking after."

"It's not like that, Marsilia. I'm just a bit tired." I offered her a gentle reassuring smile.

"I know. I know you are." She placed my hands in between hers.

"We'll shop sometime later. Come on. Let's go get something to eat." She pulled me up from the soft red sofa.

She was tired too. I could tell. She did this often when she missed him. Vince.

I missed him too.

Marsilia often goes out for shopping or eating everytime she missed him. Basically, she was barely home. I think it was because the house felt different without him. Emptier.

It was the opposite for me. I couldn't make myself go back to New York because the best memories I shared with him were here in Palermo. His favorite city.

I slept in his room, I ate at the restaurant we ate in when we were here, I visited the Teatro Massimo where we took our pictures, and whenever I was free, I spent my time with Milo and Rocco.

Milo was three times bigger now and ten times more hyper. The only times he was calm was when he was sleeping. Rocco, on the other hand, was as calm as any cat could be -excluding the times he randomly had bursts of anger and attacked me out of nowhere.

Regardless of all of that, I loved them dearly. More than most people.

Marsilia and I passed by a street that led to the mansion where Alvaro kept me and my mother locked up. Everytime I passed this place anger would consume me. Anger and pain. The numb ache in my heart sharpened and I had to inhale deeply.

I missed my mother too. There was too many things that I regretted. Things that I wish I could go back and change. It only hurt me more when I thought about how we weren't on the best terms with each other, how we didn't get a chance to fix things. We had a lot of chances but it was me who didn't take any of them.

The pain sharpened even more and I sucked in a deep breath again. The vibration of my phone distracted me.

"Marsilia, hold on a second." I called out to her before picking up the phone without checking the caller ID. I saw her enter a jewelry store from the corner of my eye.

"Hell-"

"Your guest has arrived." Dante spoke into the phone, his tone as cold as always.

"I'm coming." I answered before hanging up.

"I have to go back to the house." I told Marsilia as I entered the store to see her trying on different rings.

"Alright, I'll see you there in an hour." She smiled back at me before focusing her attention back on the gleaming rocks embedded in bands of gold.

She could come back to the house as late as she wanted because no one in Palermo would dare to lay a finger on the Head of the Dominico family.

I made my way back to the house. Dante was leaning against the wall in the foyer, frecks of blood coating his face and arms as he casually scrolled on his phone.