9|Elders

Freya

Freya

I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and looking around. We were still in the car, but we were here. I looked out the window seeing the front of the castle surrounded by Elders and our warriors not letting them in. I sighed, rubbing my face. We parked our car in the garage, following Mama and mom toward the warriors.

"Stand down!" Mama said angrily

I get why she's angry warriors aren't supposed to go against the elders. It's treason if you break that rule. Seeing as all of them broke that rule, mama is just angry. She's trying to protect them from getting hurt. With a wave of her hand, she sends them away with a final glare.

"Elders, please forgive my warriors. They will be punished for their actions," Mama said, staring them straight in the eyes.

"No need seeing that you're wife is an elder as well. I'll let it slide," the head of warriors, Selene, said

"Selene, I mean no disrespect, but what are you doing here."

"Well, Freya's mate Anthony I believe his name was told me you mated, and I was not informed of this, but I'll let that slide since you mated; you have two months to marry your mate, or else you crown and position as future Queen will be terminated."

"What! You can't do that. He's not even my mate."

"What do you mean."

"He raped and rejected me three months ago."

"Why haven't I been notified about this," Selene asked, turning to mama

"We did try contacting you several times, but your little pet said you were busy."

"I will deal with Andre later, but since you have no mate, your title will have to go to your brother," She said with so much power.

"What, no, I have a second chance, mate Rebbeca. She's my mate."

"This doesn't change anything you have exactly two months to mate and get married if you fail, your title will be terminated."

"But_"

"Nothing more needs to be said now. If you'll excuse me, I have other duties to attend to"

Once she was gone, I sighed irritatedly. Why would he do something like this? I thought he was happy to have another mate. I mean, he did say he didn't want me. I lay my head on Becca's shoulder. "Don't worry, amore."

"But it's a lot of pressure. If you don't want to do this anymore, I won't blame you for leaving."

"I'm not leaving you. You're mine. I'm not giving up on us that easy; we have two months to get to know each other and mate, and I'm okay with that, are you."

"I'm okay with it, but the baby will be here soon."

"When are your due date."

"Next month"

"I am excited to meet the little one."

I chuckled, hugging her. I buried my face in her neck, breathing in her scent, which calmed me down almost instantly. She pulls me closer if possible, squeezing me tightly.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to your title."

"It doesn't matter. I wasn't going to be queen anyway you were."

"No darling, you were going to be queen, and I was to be your king."

"what? What do you mean?"

"Let's save that for another time; for now, can you show me where I'll be staying."

"What? You're sleeping in my room."

"And where will you be sleeping."

"In my room as well."

"Very well, show the way."

Wanting to feel her warmth, I gently grabbed her hand, leading her to my room on the second floor. My room is next to Mama and mom's room since I get nightmares which causes me to have panic attacks. We finally made it to my room. She began looking around at my pink and grey room. She walked into my closet and gasped, "Your closet is fucking huge."

"The perks of being the daughter of a queen and king"

"Must be nice."

"It is lovely, but it has its ups and downs."

"No, it must be nice to have parents that love you."

"What do you mean you're parents love you."

"That's what they want everyone to think, but behind close doors, they always chose Anthony over me anytime I wanted to train, they would make me cook and clean, and dad would say it's a women's job to look after her husband and take care of the house, but that's not what I wanted so I commanded one of our strongest warriors to train me until I could beat him, and he did not only could I beat him I could beat my dad the Alpha, and he feared I would challenge him, so he locked me in the cells for a year he tortured me, and my mom did nothing so to answer your question no my parents do love me."

"Becca, I'm sorry, but you're here now. My parents are your parents, so now you have parents that love you."

"This may seem out of the blue, but Freya, will you go on a date with me."

"I would love to."