13.

He, Signs, Confrontations & Pregnancy III.

River.

A lot of times I wonder why I'm always getting in trouble and situations I could get potentially killed, it's as if anywhere I am, I'm a beacon for any who want a go at the fabled witch of fates, it's not something I'm proud of, well I take that back, I am proud of who I am, my powers and my family, it just gets heavy when there are forces out there plotting to get to you through other innocent people, who would just be casualties in a confrontation that was never meant to be theirs. It's a lot to take, carry and keep carrying, I had moved to Winchester hoping that I wouldn't have to face these kinds of problems, I hoped my brother and I would have peace after what we had done before, we didn't need redemption, we left that for saints, what we needed was peace, and now everything wasn't peaceful, this He, wasn't just gunning for me, he was hunting down the pack aswell and I didn't know if I could face him.

"I didn't know it was ice cream bad up here." Julian whispers as he comes to sit next to me on the couch in my room. "I just wanted to be alone, reminisce about simpler times when the pack wasn't being threatened by an unknown force and a deranged woman promised to kill me because I took her man." I replied as he took the bowl from me and set it on the mini table. "We are going to get through this River, and the pack will be okay as well, we just need to be strong and you need to stop running head straight into danger." He comforted and chided at the same time making me chuckle. "What should I have done, they could've been killed all because those two wanted to get to me, through them, to you, then me, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if you got hurt because of me." I confessed, tears finally dropping from my eyes.

"Oh babe." All I wanted was him to hug me, and he didn't disappoint. "I'm sorry, I just—I love you and I couldn't bare losing you." I mumbled as he held me close and all my worries slightly went away, how was I to tell him that there something else I discovered when I was  getting checked out at the pack hospital. My emotions were also a wreck because of it. I was pregnant. Julian had never talked about having kids  not this early, and springing this up on him now seemed wrong, the pack was being attacked, lycans were being found dead and I was partly at the centre of it, right in the middle of the danger, endangering my children aswell, what kind of parent would that make me, what kind of parent did it make me, if I was constantly fighting. "Do you regret us?" Julian suddenly questions and I break away from his embrace. "Why would you even assume that?" I questioned and he shrugged.

"Ever since we got mated, the moment I confessed my feelings for you in public, it's been attack after attack, the ceremony, the tribunal, now this with Kent and his son, you haven't been given actual rest from these things because it keeps coming, I'd imagine you'd regret being with me." He explained and I took his hand in mine. "Julian, I'd gladly protect the pack, not just because they are innocent people that I love but because they are your people as well, also because I'm your mate, it's what we do, we take the burden, I'd never regret being mated to you, I'd never regret anything that's happened till now, yes it's a lot but my love isn't so weak that I'd run after this, I'm not that kind of a person, and I'm sure you know that." I exclaimed and he nodded with a smile on his face, a warm chuckle escaping his lips.

"Everything will be okay my love, I promise." He muttered as his arms wound around me and he held me close to his beating heart. "I know you'll make things right." I supported leaning into him. Tonight I wasn't ready to tell him about my pregnancy, it would all just pile up on the things we would worry over, when the time was right, I'd tell him, then we wouldn't have to worry about threats to the pack, and I have a feeling that if news of my pregnancy was to actually get out, it wouldn't bode well for me, my unborn kids or the people I love, it would certainly mean more trouble and I can't handle it at this point, after fighting two unbelievably strong witches, I needed a break from all of it.

"I'd like to ask you something." Julian whispered and I moved just enough to face him, he was nervous, I wondered why. "I should've done this a long time ago but my idiocy got in the way, can I finally mark you as mine?" He mumbled and I leaned up to kiss him. I slowly moved from my sitting position beside him and straddled him, I didn't break from our kiss, as I clenched my fist and the door locked along with the drapes closing, I had wanted this for a while but with all that had been happening, I wasn't sure we'd get to it but now that hunger, that arousal, it was burning inside me, as I pulled his pants off and he literally tore off my dress shirt and shorts. "My love, how beautiful." He grunted out as he captured my lips in a hungry kiss, his cock grinding on my clenching hole. I wasn't in the mood for all the foreplay tactics, I snapped my fingers and was ready to go. "Sneaky." He grolwed feeling my hole wet and waiting, as the first thrust hit, I was lost in a sea of wanton pleasure.

I'm sure we went at it for rest of the evening, into the night, way into the night, at some point we both knocked out, that's how good it was. Groaning I shifted on my bed, looking around the room it was dark and Julian was sleeping peacefully, runic symbols in white burning themselves onto his arm, the bond. It made me smile, as I slipped out of his grasp. "Incendia." I whispered and the candles in the room all lit up, with my shirt on I made my way out of my room, more like limped out of my room, Julian was dangerously big but I had to admit, that's exactly how I liked him, sue me. In the kitchen I fry breakfast sausages, make pancakes and reheat the muffins Danton had dropped off yesterday, I was too hungry to care if I was having breakfast at two thirty in the morning.

"Can I have some?" Zaya spoke behind me, and I'm not startled enough to jump, just turn and face her with a bored look. "You up too?" I teased and she nodded with a blush, she, like me was in Riley's shirt, her mark showing on her shoulder aswell. "You too?" We both said it at the same time causing both of us to laugh as she slid next to me after plating her own nightly breakfast. "I guess we are officially related." She asserted but I shook my head in refusal. "We were officially related when my brother told me you were his mate, this was just a step in the process, what made you decide to do it?" I explained and questioned at the same time. "I couldn't give my father power over my relationship, he wasn't the man I was mated to, Riley is,  holding back and making him wait after having already messed up the start of our relationship, I couldn't do that to him, I chose him, he makes me happy, and I'm in love with him." She responded the most sincere words I'd ever heard from her, it was good to hear.

"I'm glad you found your path, but I did have a heart to heart with your dad, I'm sure he'll surprise you just yet." I told Zaya and her eyes twinkled with hope. "Thank you so much luna River." She replied as we both laughed and ate. "So Julian finally claimed you huh." She teased. "I couldn't wait anymore, we've been through so much and making him wait, stalling for absolutely no reason, it felt like I was holding back, no matter what happened, he deserved to be loved and forgiven, that's why I loved him, and finally sealed our bond." I told Zaya who nodded in understanding as she poured Riley's chocolate milk into a glass, when she finished chugging it down, I skeptically looked at her. "If I were you, I'd order a carton of those before he woke up, his chocolate milk is his heaven besides you, be warned." I warned and she slightly paled before getting off the seat and running toward the lounge, welcome to the family Zaya.

+++

Saint_Jay