Chapter 4: Shido the Light Novelist

After all the students in the class introduced themselves, it was time for the opening ceremony. Although it was a rather boring event, all the students had to participate, and Shido was no exception.

While queuing, Shido found that Tomoya was just ahead of him, so he chatted with him casually.

Although Shido didn't like this person very much, but if he stood here alone and said nothing, it would feel a little too conspicuous, like a lonely Hachiman.

Therefore, Shido decided to casually chat with Tomoya so that he could make himself more ordinary.

The content of the chat was about the girls of this world. For Tomoya, he considered them as boring existences since they were 3 dimensional. Shido smiled, but did not pay too much attention. (2d characters think they live in 3d world lol)

Now, in the eyes of others, it made sense that Shido chatted with Tomoya since he was an otaku too. After all, he said that he liked to read manga in his self-introduction.

But Hachiman looked at Shido curiously again. This guy really liked to observe other people. Shido didn't know if the other party had discovered anything, but it didn't matter. Hachiman didn't say anything anyway.

Inside the school lobby, Shido saw the students of all three grades gathered together. Shido looked at them curiously. Beside his class, there were many familiar faces in the other classes.

 Beside his class, there were many familiar faces in the other classes

For example, the senpai, Utaha Kasumigaoka, who was giving a speech on stage. And Yukino Yukinoshita, who was listening to the speech attentively. Those two were very popular in their school.

 Those two were very popular in their school

But Shido had no plans to talk to them, and the reason has been said before, so I wouldn't repeat it.

After that, the principal said a lot of useless agendas that had no practical meaning, and the opening ceremony finally came to an end.

Shido followed the other students back to the classroom. This time, he didn't talk to anyone because it was no longer necessary.

During the lunch break, Shido enjoyed lunch by himself. Although it was not a luxurious food, he ate very flagrantly. After all, it was his sister's loving bento.

Among the Spirits, Kotori's cooking skill was one of the best, plus a lot of thought has been planted inside the food. For Shido, this was the best bento in the world!

After ensuring that there were no other people on the rooftop, he locked the door leading to the rooftop to avoid being disturbed by others. Finally, Shido started eating.

"白い雪が街に优しく积もるように..."

Shido's cell phone suddenly rang. This was the famous song "White Album" that was quite popular in the world ten years ago, and of course it is also the famous anime song known by Shido in the past.

Shido turned on the phone curiously. He thought it was Kotori who contacted him, but unexpectedly discovered that it was not Kotori at all, but his light novel editor, Toki Kenjiro. (The editor from the anime "A Sister's all you Need")

That's right, Shido is a light novelist, or a copywriter. After he came into this world, he had no money, no relatives or friends, and didn't want to work in a restaurant, so he could only make some money by walking through the old path of a traverser.

However, unlike others, Shido did not intend to become a popular writer of light novels, which violated his principle of wanting to be an ordinary high school student.

He only needed to be able to support himself and the Spirits, so Shido didn't copy some well-known works, but wrote a novel about traveling through different worlds that was common in the previous life.

By the way, the light novel he copied is called "In Another World With My Smartphone". It was a very simple and cool work of the Isekai genre.

Although it was a slightly boring work, it became a popular subject and had a certain commercial value. The publisher soon approved his submission, allowing him to make his official debut as a light novel writer.

And the sales of that work was pretty average to be honest, but as I said just now, he didn't think about selling it well, as long as there is enough royalty income.

The editor arranged for him was originally a woman named Machida Sonko, but she was immediately rejected by Shido, citing a desire for a male editor.

Of course, in fact, it was because Shido knew that Machida Sonoko was the editor of Utaha. In other words, if he joined Sonoko, he would meet Utaha for sure and spend quite some time together since they would be working under the same editor.

In the end, Shido got himself another editor, who was now Toki Kenjiro.

Shido knew this man too. He was the editor of the protagonist, Ituki Hashima, form the anime called "A Sister's All You Need", but since he was a male, there would be no problem!

 He was the editor of the protagonist, Ituki Hashima, form the anime called "A Sister's All You Need", but since he was a male, there would be no problem!

Now Toki was calling, there should be some news, otherwise such a busy person would not have such time to call and chat with him.

So Shido did not neglect, but quickly pressed the button and greeted softly:

"Hello, editor Toki! What's the matter?"

"After school this afternoon, come to the publishing industry!"

Toki said calmly, as if it was something serious.

"Can't you say it now?"

Shido asked a little hesitantly. He also wanted to go back to accompany his sister earlier. If he went to the publisher, he would spend a few hours less time with Kotori.

"It is related to your work, and there is a lot of content that I want to talk about, so I still need you to come to the library. If there is no time, you can arrange another time..."

Toki calmly explained that although he could make another appointment, he obviously wanted Shido to be there today!

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I hope you had a great day so far! I wonder if you enjoy the concept of this story. Please let me know in the comment section so that I can improve.