80- Happy

July was supposed to be perfect. Everyone was getting along, my powers were developing nicely, and I would have my birthday.

It started perfectly. We all just hung out together, having fun. The treaty was dissolved, meaning I forced everyone down to La push beach one fine afternoon.

"This is a terrible idea," Edward told me for the 15th time during the drive. As I drove us to the Rez, I made him sit in the back of Jasper's car with Bree and Noah.

"If you tell me that one more time, I will personally scream as loud as I can in my head and send it straight to your mind-reading brain." My threat finally shut him up and caused everyone else to burst out laughing.

"That is my new favorite sentence," Noah said, trying to control his laughter.

Bree just turned and laughed straight at him.

"You're supposed to be on my side," Edward complained to her.

"I'll be on your side when you're right," she replied.

"We're here!" I yelled, pulling up to the beach.

The entire pack was there, along with everyone's imprints. Jacob was there, but Bella was doing something with her father. As I got out of the car, I saw Emmet's Jeep pull up with him, Rosalie, Carlisle, Esme, and Alice inside.

We all spent the day hanging out on the beach. The clouds covered the sun, and no one had to worry about anything. It was a day to just mess around with each other and let loose.

I was sitting down for a moment while chaos was going on around me.

"I bet I'm stronger than you," Edward said suddenly, looking at Jasper.

"You are not," Jasper replied. "I could take you down right now."

"I don't think you can," Noah told the two of them, leaving Alice to join this argument. "But I think I could."

"That's even less likely," Emmet yelled at them.

"Hey!" Edward and Noah screamed.

With neither of them paying attention, Jasper jumped to attack both of them to prove a point. All three boys were quickly wrestling on the beach, throwing each other around.

"Boys!" Esme yelled, upset that they were fighting. But they did not stop.

"Should we be concerned?" Sam asked, looking over at me.

"No," I told him. "They do this all the time. They're just messing around."

As we all watched their wrestling match, Jacob sat down next to me on the sand. "I wanted to apologize," he told me. "I've been unnecessarily mean to you, and you don't deserve that."

"How are you and Bella?" I asked him, not really acknowledging the apology.

He smiled just thinking about her. "I know you all think she's a pain in the but, and sometimes she is, but she's been really sweet recently."

"You're not imprinted, though."

"No, we're not. But she makes me happy. Is that such a bad thing?"

I paused, just watching my fiancé tackle both Edward and Noah with a stupid grin on my face. "No, I guess it's not."

Both Edward and Noah groaned as Jasper slammed them to the ground. He jumped up quickly, yelling, "I win!" He looked straight at me as he shouted with a wide grin and bright eyes.