Chapter 36

The sun began to rise as Aerilyn and Eli were almost at the resistance base, it had been a long night and she was sure she was running off adrenaline.

Aerilyn thought someone was lurking in the shadows watching over them, maybe even Solenne, but whoever it was left after they had made it to the ridge of the mountain.

They knew they had made it to the boundary when a large group surrounded them with bow and arrows aimed at them. "It's me Eli" her brother shouted.

He held his hands up in the air as he stepped forward. "I've got my sister, Aerilyn, send word to Saryn and Yvonne" he asked. There were a few murmers but sure enough the weapons aimed at them were lowered. Saryn came out and waved at them.

Her legs were very sore from the walking. "Aerilyn is that you" he squinted, moving closer and closer.

He pulled her into a hug straight away, "let's get you inside" she was quiet for now, surveying her surroundings as she had been through a lot.

Once inside there was quite a large settlement, one that she had not been expecting and it threw her off. "you must be tired and hungry, i'll take you to your room, it's next to Eli's" he led her through the camp, it was quite quiet considering it was morning, but there were old buildings that they had turned into houses and sanctuaries to house them all. They did their best under the circumstances.

The room was a lot smaller than her room in the castle that was for sure, they were polar opposites, like rags to riches. Now she had nothing again.

A knock on the door startled her as she tried to adjust, there stood a woman with brown hair similar to her own, but just thay bit older and her wrinkles had started to set into her skin. "you must be Aerilyn, i'm Yvonne, your mothers sister, I met you once when you were a toddler" Aerilyn raked her eyes over her aunt. They were about the same height and she looked like her mother, but other than that she did not know her and she was wary.

The woman had a strange aura and a stern face that Aerilyn picked up on straight away, maybe the vampires intuition brushed off on her.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you" Aerilyn gave a small smile as she put her things down on the bed.

"how was the journey Eli?" she turned to him sternly. So far something about this place didn't add up but she couldn't put her finger on it, maybe it was because it was change and new, she had to admit she missed the castle, it hurt.

"yes it was good, were were definitely being followed but they were obviously not allowed to engage. It's good to be back, I hated it there, luckily Aerilyn came to her senses" it was like Eli was trying to suck up to his aunt, someone who had been in his life two minutes. Speaking as though he had been treated awfully back at the castle, which was simply not true.

Her aunt stood strong. "yes well its a good job you helped her come to her senses, nothing good comes from leech lovers" her aunt spat as she eyed Aerilyn.

What kind of attitude was that, she had known her two minutes as she was already belittling her, it might have been the time she spent with the vampires but now she had a different point of view, she couldn't believe she use to think like that.

Aerilyn was second guessing herself, was this the right thing to do being here. "if it's alright with you guys I am going to get some rest" she lay down on her bed.

"okay, but tomorrow your chores start, we all muck in here don't we Eli" Yvonne ruffled his hair, this woman aunt or not was getting on her nerves, acting as though Aerilyn was lazy.

Aerilyn shut the door as they left and settled down on her rock solid bed to try and get some sleep. She fell asleep until midday and decided to venture out to give the camp a try, she could always try and find Tri or Eamon to see how they were. What startled her was how quiet camp was, nobody was really talking as she went outside.