$ 18 $

CHAPTER 18
·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

After Halloween, Jules didn't go to school for a full week. And even though I sent her about 50 texts, she didn't respond.

I could tell something bad had happened. And that it had something to do with Nate, and I had a feeling that Star knew what happened, and that she was probably apart of it.

Because Jules and Star had gotten pretty close out of nowhere for some reason, and the way they looked at each other when Nate arrived to Daniel's Halloween party with Maddy got me suspicious.

Jules looked like she was about to cry as Star walked up to her with Fezco behind her. She and Jules exchanged a few words before Star gave her a comforting hug and glanced at Nate, who was staring at her with the biggest smirk on his face.

Fezco and Star left right after, but not without Fez giving Star a confused look for the way Nate was staring at her and then giving him a glare for looking at his girl like that.

I showed up at her house the morning after to interrogate with her with my co detective, Lexi, but was kicked out due to her and her dad having to go to LA to her grandma's house for Dia de Los Muertos.

So I put that off for a while and spent my weekend putting together pieces of the puzzle, but a lot of shit wasn't adding up. And I wasn't gonna stop until I got the truth.

"False accusations in today's world can cause serious long term damage to one's career, reputation, and emotional well-being. We all owe Nate Jacobs a heartfelt apology, and are excited and thrilled to have him back at East Highland."

Estrella walked towards Nate as one of the office ladies spoke over the PA system.

Rue carefully watched from where she was leaning on her locker as Estrella and Nate met eyes, and eventually each other.

"Here it is," Nate said to Estrella as he handed her a folder with his copies of the pictures of Fezco and Estrella. "Every single picture's in there."

"Thank you," Estrella mumbled as she slipped the folder into the notebook she was carrying.

"No, thank you," Nate said, staring down at Estrella. "Like seriously Star, thank you."

Estrella finally glanced up at Nate after avoiding eye contact and fought the urge to ball up her fist and clock him right in his nose.

"Can you like, not talk or something?" Nate asked her.

"Ion got anything to say."

Nate nodded before smiling, "Well I do; you looked hot on Halloween. Would love to see you on a Playboy magazine."

"I bet you would Playboy," Estrella sarcastically laughed before continuing on her way down the hall to get to her history class.

Rue furrowed her eyebrows before running along to catch up with Estrella.

"Yo, Star!" Rue called out after her, catching up.

Estrella glanced up at Rue and replaced her annoyed look with a smile, "Hey Rue Rue."

"Hey. You avail for those questions I needed to ask you?" Rue asked her.