cheated

5 months ago

5 months ago.

I OPEN MY FRONT DOOR, wearing my matching velvet blue pajama set, white slippers, and a pink hair roller clipped onto my bangs, when Jungwon greets me at the door with the most pathetic, sad expression I've ever seen on him before.

Never have I seen him so...depressed. So upset. Well, I think he just never let me see him this way before. That's when I knew he was really vulnerable.

He was wearing an all black suit, and did I mention it was pouring rain? Yeah, it's 10 at night and he is at my doorstep in all black soaked from head to toe. If this doesn't scream "I'm sad" I don't know what does.

I don't know if I react the way I do because Jungwon is at my house, or because he's drenched, or because I look like an American girl at a sleepover, but I suddenly step back and shriek. "What the—What are you doing here!?" I blurt, ripping the hair roller off my bangs and throwing it on the couch.

His eyes are glued to the ground. "She...

she cheated on me."

~

I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, biting my nails and picking at the material on my pajamas. I'm listening to water hit the walls of the shower, as I allowed Jungwon to wash up in my bathroom before he caught a cold.

This is so...weird. We haven't talked in over a year, and now he's just a few feet away from me, bathing in my shower. Geez, what has my life come to? I just wanted to paint my nails and draw in my sketchbook for a bit before I went to sleep—

The door suddenly opens, steam spilling out into my room. I watch Jungwon step out with a towel over his dripping hair, him wearing my dads shirt and shorts. He pauses in the doorway when he sees me looking at him with a worried look. He scoffs, and a tiny smile that instantly fades is shown on his face. "You know I hate when you look at me like that."

"Like what?" I ask, him sitting on the opposite edge of my bed.

"Like some worried mother. You'll get wrinkles."

I press my lips together and my eyes slant. Is he really teasing me right now, of all times?

I wait a moment before sitting criss cross and facing my body to him. "...So...How did...you..."

He dries his hair with the towel before putting it around his neck. He sighs and tilts his head back a little, thinking. "...Sun-Hee and I had a date planned. I went to her house only to see her making out with her ex on her porch...She didn't even seem sorry for hurting me...She was sorry for getting caught."

I swallow the lump in my throat. His voice...He sounds so sad that I can feel his emotions through my heart. "...Shit...I'm...I'm really sorry..."

He glances to me with a side eye, then looks down at his lap. He's probably thinking, "What's she apologizing for?" Which makes sense. I mean...Why am I apologizing?