poking wire

"UGHHHH!!!" After a long hot shower, I belly flop onto my bed, groaning as loud as I can

"Honey??! You okay!??"

"Fine, mom!! I'm fine!!" I yell into my pillow, before turning on my back and staring at my ceiling.

My arms are sore from carrying Yang Jungwon's stupid backpack all day. It's filled with Yang Jungwon's stupid textbooks and assignments. I hate being treated like Yang Jungwon's servant, where all he does is pester me to fill up his water bottle and kiss his stupid feet—

I suddenly hear pebbles hit my window, making me sit upright. I slide off my bed and walk to my window. Pulling my black curtains apart, all I see is Yang Jungwon leaning out his window with his left elbow on the sill and his left hand under his chin, grinning as he tosses a pebble up and down in his right hand.

I push my window up and stick my head outside into the warm night. "What do you what?"

"Why do you already sound annoyed? I haven't done anything!"

I roll my eyes. "Whatever—"

"I'm coming over."

"HUH!? WHY!?" I shout, but he's already waving goodbye and shutting his window. I pause, before running to my closet and putting on a sweater over my tank top. I nearly stumble over my feet as I slip on my slippers, running out of my room and fumbling down the stairs.

My mother is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and my father seems like he just returned home from work, as he was at the table taking off his blazer and setting his briefcase down.

"Ah! Y/n? How was school today—" He asks me, but I zoom past him and barricade the front door with my body, locking it shut.

My parents watch me turn off the living room lights and the television, which my mom was using to watch the news as she cooked. Panicked, I rush to the kitchen area and turn off the lights, my mom and dad confused. "Y/n? Sweetheart?" My mom, who is stirring something in a pot, gazes at me with innocent eyes as I hide behind the couch.

I put my fingers to my lips and shush them. "...We. Aren't. Home." I whisper.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings and my heart drops.

"...Ms. and Mr. Choi? It's Jungwon!"

My father and mother gasp happily. "Ah! It's Jungwon!" My dad shouts so loudly, swinging open the front door and greeting the one boy I hate most.

As my mom turns all the lights back on, I pop out from behind the couch and whine as I lean over the top of it. "DAD! I SAID WE ARENT HOME!!!" I cry.

"Don't be silly, it's Jungwon!" My mother hits my arm as she walks past me and goes to hug Jungwon. "Hello, sweetheart! How are you?"

"I'm great, Ms.Choi. You look as beautiful as ever." He smiles, and makes my mother blush.

I gag from a far, dragging my feet as I dramatically fall into the wall by the stairwell.