004

Sid's Bedroom

Iris' Pov ☁︎

"Talk about what?" I played dumbly turning my head to the side slightly. I know exactly what she's talk about though. I guess she has the right to be confused and I wanted to tell her everything that had happened between me and Serena. I really did, I just couldn't. Before we had left we promised to not tell anyone and I kept that promise.

"About what I just walked in on dingus," she says crossing her arms staring at me. She doesn't really move her gaze away from only time to time with she looks between Serena and I.

"Should I tell her or you? I mean she's your best friend," Serena mumbled to me.

"I guess I will," I told her before turning to face Robin. "So you know how I went to Florida this summer?"

"Yeah?" she responded with a 'duh' tone.

"Well Serena's family ending up being at the same place my family stayed at. We bumped into each other one day and started talking," I started explaining to her. "One day she found a party and we both went. Then once we were walking home I kissed her. And then I don't even know it just went from there. But when we came back we broke it off and I honestly don't really know how this like happened," I said referring to the current situation. I tried keeping it simple and short so we could get out of this situation faster.

Robin didn't say anything. She just nodded.

"You aren't going to tell anyone, right?" Serena asked looking up at Robin.

"No, who would I even tell?" she questions back.

"Dani? I don't know," she answered.

"If you two were just random girls I walked in on I wouldn't have told anyone either. Now do either of you know where the bathroom is?"

"Down the hall to the left," Serena told her before Robin left the room leaving the two of us by ourselves.

"So, what now?" I ask as she gets up from the bed and heads over to the mirror to fix her hair. I could tell she wanted it to look the exact same as it did before she came in here. I could see her lips fighting back a frown before a tear fell from her left eye. I got up from the bed and walked over to her. "Are you okay?" I quietly asked her.

"What if she tells someone?" she whispered turning around to look at me. I could see her eyes starting to become a faint red color.

"Hey, I promise she won't," I try and comfort her with a smile.

"We can't keep doing this you know? Exactly because of what just happened," her voice cracked at the end of the sentence. "If my parents were to find out..." her voice got quieter as she shook her head looking towards the ground. Serena was messing with the gold jewelry on her wrists as the tears kept falling from her blue eyes.

She kept quiet for a little before talking again after trying to calm herself. "We can't see each other anymore. And I'm really, really sorry Iris. Like we can't sit next to each other, nothing. Because I really do like you," she said looking up at me. I could feel my eyes starting to sting as my eyes became glossy.

"We can make it work. No one will find out," I stuttered a little trying to get out those sentences.

"Someone already knows. I'm sorry I really just can't take the risk," she told me before leaving the room the room in a rush. I was left alone. The tears I had been holding back started falling. I held my hand over my mouth hoping no one would be able to hear me.

Luckily I could hear the music volume increase. I walked over to the door and locked it. I just laid down in the bed having the tears fall. If only I had remembered to lock the door before I would be laying her with Serena. Talking about some stupid idea that would make no since to anyone but us. Talking about a feature where someday we could walk in public with our hands intertwined. Living in the same house together, cooking meals when the other got home from work late, and dancing in our living room to some song softly playing.

But those are only dreams. Only thoughts and things we could talk about. Knowing none of it would be real.

a/n:

they deserve to be able to live like this minus the end

they deserve to be able to live like this minus the end...but like when they were in new york yk

reference(s): dani and jamie from bly manor and sid's bedroom from scream

(word count: 788)