Chapter 18: Luke It's Like 3a.m.

Chapter 18: Luke, It's Like 3a.m.

"It's been almost a week," I said, staring at my reflection in the mirror, "and it still looks green."

Alice and Georgia, who were sat on my bed, glanced at me sympathetically.

"It has faded though," Alice said. "It used to be more of a greeny-green but now it's more of a yellowy-green."

I turned around to glare at her and she immediately fell silent.

"I don't see why you didn't just dye it back to brown, the green would've gone away immediately," Georgia said, shrugging at me.

"Luke said it would fade away in a few days!" I cried, with a scowl.

"Luke?" Alice repeated. "The same guy who died your hair green in the first place?"

"Yes, but-" I was about to jump to Luke's defense when I was cut off by the buzz of my phone in my back pocket.

"Who is it?" Alice asked, when I pulled it out and frowned at the screen.

"I don't know," I mumbled, frowning at the unfamiliar number on my screen. I rarely ever got phone calls, even my parents had learnt by now that they were better off texting me. Georgia would also occasionally call me, but both her and Alice were right here with me, so I couldn't think of another possibility.

"Answer it," Georgia urged. "It might be important."

"Okay," I nodded and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey," a familiar, masculine voice responded. "It's Will."

"Will?" I repeated. The name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite remember why.

"From the party last week?"

"Oh, right, Will!" I said, remembering the blonde I'd met in Luke's garden, just a week ago.

"You're not busy are you?" He asked.

"Uh, not really," I mumbled, glancing towards Alice and Georgia.

"Good," he paused. "Because I wanted to ask you if you were free tomorrow."

I frowned, trying to figure it out if I had any plans for tomorrow. Tomorrow was Saturday, which meant the weekend, which meant me staying in bed all day and finding weird things to laugh about on the internet. Unless that counted as having plans, I was definitely free.

"Yeah, I'm free," I finally responded. "Why?"

"Do you, maybe, want to hang out? Get dinner or something?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," I said, trying not to sound as surprised as I was.

"Great. I'll text you later, bye!" Before I could protest, Will hung up and the line went dead, leaving me staring at the blank screen.

"Who was it?" Alice asked, putting down the book she'd been flicking through.

"This guy I met at Luke's party," I explained, going over and taking a seat on my bed, between the two of them.

"What did he want?" Georgia questioned, eagerly.

"Nothing much, he asked if I wanted to get dinner with him tomorrow."

"He asked you on a date?" Georgia cried, her eyes going wide in excitement.

"I don't know? He didn't say it was a date," I mumbled, uncertainly. The idea that it could be a date hadn't crossed my mind until now. I'd assumed he meant he meant going to the local diner and grabbing a burger, not a real date date.