Chapter 18

The next day, Eurielle finally regained consciousness.

"...."

'What happened?' She rubbed her eyes.

"Eurielle? You're finally up." Asterion's voice was what greeted her the first thing in the morning.

"Rion?"

Eurielle glanced around the room and in front of her bed, she saw something lying on the floor.. like a ball. But it looked too deformed to be regarded as a ball.

She tilted her head, curious of what the thing was.

"Oh, that? It's the head of the maid who tried to kill you the other night." Asterion chuckled.

"What?"

He smiled at her cute and confused state.

"That maid tried to kill you. So before she did, I killed her first."

"..." Eurielle didn't exactly know what to react.

She just stared at the head like it was a normal thing.. she stared at it, devoid of any emotions.

"Why did she try to kill me?" She softly asked.

Asterion couldn't believe at how innocent her question was right now. It was cute.

He tucked her hair behind her ear and answered, "Because there are b'tches all around the world."

"B'tches.." It was the first time she heard that kind of word. It sounded unfamiliar and unusual.

"Don't say that word, Eurielle. It's a filthy word."

"Then why are you saying it?"

"Because I'm bad."

"??"

..

There was a new rumor that spread all over the empire.

They say that Brianna Nguyen turned into a new person overnight.

Some said that she got into an accident and she lost her memories.

Others are thinking that she may be acting it since she wants attention.

This time, Brianna's name was heard everywhere. They wondered how all of it happened.

But the real reason..

They never found it.

.
.
Somewhere...
.
.

"How many hours has it been?"

"It's almost 12 hours, young master."

"Hmm. Rielle must be awake right now. I miss her." Theo murmured.

"Mhmmp- Mhm—"

The two men turned their attention to where the sound came from.

It was Brianna.

Her hands and feet were tied up and she was lying on the hard ground. Her eyes were blindfolded and her mouth is covered with a cloth.

Theo stared at Brianna like she was a piece of garbage.

"So it's only been 12 hours since that woman is tied up?"

"Yes, young master." Lyle replied.

"...Untie her mouth."

Lyle took the cloth that was covering Brianna's mouth.

"Haghck- *cough* Help! Help me!! Is anyone there?! Please help me!!" Brianna shouted for help as soon as the cloth from her mouth got untied.

"So noisy." Theo muttered.

"*Gasp* W-Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?!"

"You hurt Rielle. So you're paying the price."

"Rielle? Eurielle?! Ha! So that b'tch is the one doing this to me- AH!"

*SLAP*

Theo's heavy hand smacked Brianna's cheek like there was no tomorrow.

"Don't you dare mention her name from your filthy mouth."

"Heuk- wahhh this wasn't supposed to happen!" Brianna started crying. "The one who was supposed to get poisoned was Lady Brown but that stupid maid mistook it! Heuk- mhmp." She continued to sob.

Theo grabbed her hair with force.

"It was my first time seeing Rielle coughing up blood and I don't want to see it again."

"Please let me go, I promise I won't do it again." The blindfold got wet from all her tears.

"Lyle."

"Yes, young master."

"Tie few ropes on her body again and make sure to make it tighter. Since there's a cliff behind this hut, make a long leash from her body then tie it on a tree. And after that, throw her body on the cliff again and again until she dies."

"Right away, young master."

"NO! ONCE MY FATHER KNOWS ABOUT THIS THEY WON'T LET YOU GO! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Brianna screamed.

"Pft- Don't worry about that. Your family won't know that you're here since I already placed a new puppet in your place."

"W-What? What are you talking about?!"

"Continue, Lyle."

"Yes, young master."

"NO! LET ME GO! HELP!"

"You shouldn't have touched Eurielle in the first place." Theo mumbled.

...

11:27 pm.

After Theo took care of Brianna, he went ahead and checked up on Eurielle.

He went through the balcony and entered her bedroom.

There he saw Eurielle's peaceful image lying on the bed.

He strode towards the bed slowly and knelt on the floor to level his sight on Eurielle.

"!!"

The was surprised when Eurielle suddenly sat up from her bed.

"Rielle? I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"...." Eurielle didn't reply.

"I, I killed her for you, Rielle. Please pat my head." Theo blushed as he kissed Eurielle's hand.

Eurielle got up from her bed and unknowingly started walking.

It was time that her usual sleepwalking starts.

Theo just followed her, still confused of her actions.

"Rielle?"

"It's no use. She can't hear you." Asterion appeared from behind.

"What?"

Asterion walked towards Eurielle and he carried her. And as usual, Eurielle went to sleep after.

Asterion stared at Theo and sighed. "You should go back."

"She must be having nightmares..." Theo looked at Eurielle with a sad expression.

Eurielle would have liked to see that puppy-like expression of Theo.

"You should return her. We've disturbed her enough." Theo looked at Asterion.

"You go back first."

Theo clicked his tongue and left like Asterion said.

.
.
.

"What are you doing here?" Theo asked the person who was hiding from the shadows since earlier.

"I'm just checking on something." The man answered.

"Don't you dare touch her, Clayton."

Clayton smirked.

"I'm afraid I will. Soon."