doughnut (requested)

"Y/N?" Mina called out as she walked through the door. "Baby? Where are you?"

She walked further into the house and continued to call out for you while her eyes traveled across the room, eventually landing on something on the floor.

She couldn't help the smile that tugged at her lips when she noticed the petals of her favorite flowers tossed around the hardwood floor of the living room, a trail leading to the back door that was open just a crack.

When she opened it the rest of the way, she was surprised to see what was waiting for her.

Fairy lights were strung across the backyard, soft and romantic music played, and you were sitting at the table.

You had been scrolling through your phone to occupy yourself until she got home but when the door creaked open as she stepped outside, you quickly locked your phone and set it on the table to give Mina your full attention.

"Hey, my love!" You happily greeted as you got up from the table.

"Hi, babe. What is all of this?"

"Well, it's a beautiful night and I know you've had a stressful day, so I wanted to surprise you!"

Her eyes were sparkling as you took her hands into yours, intertwining your fingers.

"I know it's getting late and you're probably tired after being in the studio all day but-"

"I'm not tired at all." She interrupted. "I'm happy, baby."

That's all you wanted to hear.

You put your arms around her to give her a hug and she melted into your comforting embrace.

"I love you so much." She whispered as she held you close.

"I love you too." You said and pulled away, giving her a sweet kiss on her lips.

But it didn't last long. You pulled away a few seconds after your lips touched hers.

She wanted to kiss you more, to feel your lips on hers longer than she had just now.

But as she was about to whine and tap her lips for another kiss, you started to speak.

"I made dinner! Or, well, I am making dinner. It's almost done but it might be a little longer. I was hoping it'd be done before you got home but it took me a bit to do since it's a new recipe I learned and thought you'd adore."

"That's so very sweet of you, baby. I can wait, no worries." She stared at you lovingly as she brushed her hand across the small of your back. "This is all so sweet and so beautiful."

"I just wanted to make you smile."

"You always make me smile, sweet girl. But this is incredible. I hope you know how much I appreciate it."

"I do." You grinned and pecked her lips a few times before pulling away again. "What should we do until the food is ready?"

She bit her lip and looked from your eyes and to your lips, hoping you were thinking what she was.

"We could make out a little."

You giggled and leaned in to kiss her again, only to pull away before your lips met.

"Oh! I have an idea!" You said and let go of her hands to go back to the table.

You grabbed your phone and turned up the volume as you changed the song.

Mina threw her head back with the most adorable laugh as she instantly recognized what it was.

"Doughnut?"

You nodded with a proud smile as you returned to stand in front of her.

"Can I have this dance, baby?"

It took her a second to answer you because the words that fell from your lips were so sweet and it made her heart skip beat after beat.

But she nodded her head and pulled you as close as possible.

"Yes. Always." She smiled and kissed your forehead, brushing a lock of hair behind your ear as you started to sway to the music together.

In that moment, she had never felt more content.

There's so much going on with the group right now, so many ideas and things to do that it's almost overwhelming at times.

But she always gets through everything the crazy life she lives throws at her because she gets to come home to you each and every night and she doesn't need anything else.

This moment felt so perfect and she couldn't think about anything else as she closed her eyes and slow-danced with you to a song that means quite a lot to her and the girls.

It's one of your favorites.

She should've known a day like this would eventually come and she adored every second she spent slow-dancing in the backyard in her sweats with you.

"You're my whole world." She whispered as she spun you around.

"You're my everything." You spoke back to her and she tightened her arms around you, so happy and so in love that her heart almost burst from her chest.

She started to quietly sing along to the song, whispering every word so softly in your ear as you danced together, wishing this moment with you in her arms wouldn't ever have to end.