1🔸Arjun

Draupadi

Draupadi

"Who is Arjun?"

I questioned while my fingers kept working on my current painting, It was a random idea to mix up two opposite elements; thunder and fire. I was trying to make the thunderbolt more realistic and had no idea whether I was doing it right or not.

"Arjun is the prince of Hastinapur, the third son-" Dwarkadheesh Krishna began before my voice interrupted him.

"I know about all that. I also know he was Dronacharya's student who defeated my father and gave his teacher half of our Panchal" The bitterness was clear enough for Govind to sense it as I heard him sighing.

"You hate Arjun because he defeated your father and your father loves him for the same reason, irony isn't it?" The corner of his lips lifted up with a small smile.

"I don't hate him" I protested. Hate was too strong of an emotion to waste on someone I hardly knew "just don't love him"

"Yet" He added.

"What made you think I'll ever love him?" I arched a brow as I continued "Is he even worth my love or my varmala?" I dipped my brush in the white paint.

White, the colour adds life to every painting.

"Whether he deserves your wedding garland or not would be decided on your Swayamvar, which has been specially made so only Arjun or the best archer can win and about you loving him..... " Krishna trailed off and looked at me with his lotus like eyes smiling down at me mysteriously.

"I'm listening"

"How would I know?" He asked as innocently as he could.

"I expect the husband of three women to know a little more about love, Don't you love them? " I teased.

Till now I had only met his third wife Satyabhama who seemed like the love of his life. I absolutely adored the kind of relationship they shared. They were not just husband-wife, but lovers and best friends to each other. She was his ardhangini in true sense.

"My wives can give a better answer" He winked.

"Tell me how is Arjun?"

"Arjun is good"

I waited for him to continue "and?"

"And probably dead" His grin became wide as he took an apple from the fruit bowl.

I stared at him for a long time before asking "Was that suppose to be funny?"

"Not at all. Arjun is a good guy not only because of his unmatchable skills as a warrior but also his gurubhakti deserves to be praised. Your father has probably told you how Arjun treated him with respect despite being the one who has actually defeated him. It's absolutely unexpected from a young warrior, who got unimaginable victory on his very first war, to treat his enemy with respect " Krishna swallowed the apple bite then resumed while I listened to him without blinking.