Collision

Vera trudges up the narrow steps as her bags tail behind her. She successfully unlocks and pushes herself into the trailer which circulated with cool air.

It was a hot day in August, and she couldn't even comprehend how nice it would be just to sit back and to go over lines in her spacious, personal van.

The film session they had for The Conjuring 3 was tough since they had no other choice but to perform their outdoor scenes today, they had a little bit of running here and there, but she felt as if she was more worn out from having giggle fits in-between every shot.

He always knew how to make her laugh until she was catching her breath exhausted from laughing. This interfered with their day of work terribly, but it also kept her sane.

She adored Patrick, she wouldn't have taken this role if it wasn't for him joining the main cast with her in the first place.

As she thinks about him, she goes over the lines for the following week. They were on break tomorrow, solely just to practice lines and prepare.

Without catching notice earlier on, she glances out the window to see that the sky was already colored in the nighttime, and before she could even get up and go right to bed, she hears a pound on her door.

A little startled, she walks up to the door quietly, peeking out her small window before letting out a deep sigh.

"Patrick, you scared me!" She says in a furious tone, they both knew that she couldn't ever be that mad at him for scaring her, so he laughs.

"Sorry," he smiles, stepping in and swinging the door shut behind him, the scent of his aromic cologne filling the air, "it wouldn't have been a good surprise if I called you beforehand."

She took a step toward the well-groomed man, instantly noticing that he'd been carrying something behind his back, "what surprise?" She says in almost a laughing frustration.

Vera goes to grab his arm and once she'd seen what he had in his hand, she gasped.

"Patrick!" She hisses in a whisper, watching as he hands her the bottle and pulls out two chalices from his bag, "you can't be bringing a white wine to set."

He smiles and looks up, leading her down over to the couch, "it's your birthday tomorrow, you're turning 45 and-"

"That doesn't make this legal!" She giggles, sitting down beside him.

"No one will know," he smirks, placing the glasses down with a clink, "besides, I got my hands on your favorite kind."

"This is so sweet of you, Patrick, but I don't think-" he hands her a chalice.

"No buts," Wilson smiles charmingly, "you got your script?"

Two hours go by of them rehearsing and re-enacting some of the scenes they were both told to go over, and as they practiced, they poured the liquor and enjoyed a few drinks. It had been the best fun they've had in a while, at least while at work.

"Vera?" Patrick asks, leaning against the back of the couch as he skims his finger over the text on the last page.

"Hm?"

"Did you know we have a kiss?" His eyes scrunch as he looks up at her.

"No idea," she laughs, opening her script and landing on the same spot, "what's the big deal? It's just a kiss."

"But it'll be weird," Patricks mutters, sitting up to face her, "you remember how awkward we got around one another after that kiss in the first movie?"

"We overcame it," Vera nods, talking silently, "we'll be okay this time around, I'm sure of it."

"I don't think so," Patrick shakes his head, pouring the last bit out from the bottle.

"We won't get all awkward again, I can guarantee it," Vera scoots closer, resting her hand on his thigh.

"Well I don't think you can," he chuckles, placing his hand over hers.

"Patrick, it isn't a good idea to challenge me like this."

"It's always great fun to challenge you," he laughs, turning his head downward, "now I want to know how-"

Vera cups his face and turns her head to kiss him, pulling away a few seconds later to try and stand up.

"Vera?" Patrick looks up at her flustered, "V- Vera don't get up, you'll fall."

Vera successfully gets up only to almost trip over her own shoes a moment later, Patrick quickly leaps up to catch her fall only to end up stumbling back onto the couch with her in his arms, "you're playing a dangerous game by trying to get up."

"I'm not drunk," she scoffs, combing a hand through his dark hair.

"We're both wasted," Patrick nods, looking up at her as she settles into his lap, "and it's my fault."

"You're right, this is your fault." she says smugly, "you bring me my favorite wine and expect me not to drink it?"

Patrick laughs, and Vera joins him shortly after.

"We're fucked," Patrick laughs, watching Vera as she leans into him again. He holds her over him as she captures his mouth in hers, the lingering taste of the Chardonnay making it harder for them to break it off.

It wasn't until they needed to catch a breath that they opened their eyes, and once they took a good look at each other, an immediate look of sadness suddenly fell over Patrick's face, "you won't like that you kissed me like this, Vera." He says, twisting a strand of her hair around his finger.

"What are you talking about?" Vera sighs, tracing his cheek, "I wanted to kiss you. Did you want to kiss me?"

Patrick smirks, kissing her on the nose, "I really wanted to kiss you, more than you could imagine."

"Then what's the deal," she whispers to him in a worried manner.

Patrick sighs, lifting his shoulders into a shrug, "I'm just a bit tired now, think we can go to sleep?"

"It's been established that we can't even stand up," she giggles, "we would have to crash here."

Patrick chuckles, "well, I'm always okay with that. Are you?"

Vera smiles brightly at him. "Yes, I'm okay with that."