8.

charlottes pov again!

matty :)

char

we need to talk

omg it's like 2am

what could possibly be this
urgent

wyd right now

well i was sleeping

i'm coming to pick u up

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

i frantically got up from my bed and checked the mirror. i brushed my hair down and changed out of my pajamas trying to make myself the least bit presentable. matt's text had just woken me up.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"okay matt, what's so important that you had to wake me up in the middle of the night for." i said turning to him as i sat down in the passenger seat of his car. we were parked outside of my house. it was dark, the only lights being a few street lamps and the moon. the lights in the car faded after i had shut my door. i could still see matt's face though. he looked stressed out, which worried me. "matt?"

"look, char. i don't know how to say this. and if you think that it's wrong or something, please just let me know" he turned to face me.

"what do you mean?" i said

"charlotte, i like you. like a lot. i tried to just push whatever i'm feeling down because i don't want to mess anything up, but after tonight i just don't think i can. i really, really like you. i've never felt like this before, char." as soon as those words left his mouth my mind went blank. i never thought the day would come where matthew sturniolo, would confess his feelings for me.

"is this some kind of bit. like are you secretly filming this." i looked around the van. "nick and chris are in the trunk, aren't they." i laughed.

"charlotte, this isn't a joke."

"oh."

"oh?" matt asked quietly.

"i'm sorry, this is just crazy. like i used to have the biggest crush on you in high school. and then we became friends and i'd always think to myself 'no way am i actually friends with matt' and now like you're telling me that you like me. and it isn't a prank for your video. this is just insane. do you understand how this is just unreal to me? i mean obviously i like you too. how could i not. to be honest i don't know if my little freshman crush on you ever went away." i paused and looked at him to see his surprised face. "okay now i'm rambling. sorry, i like can't comprehend what's happening."

he took my free hand into his. "it's okay, it's cute" he smiled.

before i realized it, i leaned over the middle console and gave him a quick kiss.

"chris made me do this. if it wasn't for him i probably would never have had the balls to tell you." he laughed.

"thank god for chris, then." i laughed too. "why did you say you were scared to mess stuff up."

"i don't know, i didn't want it to be awkward if you didn't feel the same way." he looked down. "and, i'm worried about how people might react."

i took my hand away from his. "what do you mean?"

"char, some of our fans might overreact. i'm scared if we were to come out and say that we were dating, you'd get hate."

"matt, i do not care. i'm not gonna let some underage girls tell me how to live my life. and neither should you."

he smiled. "chris thought you'd say that."

"i'm starting to think chris is the smartest person on the planet." matt scoffed.

"now what?" he asked.

"i don't know. what do you think?"

"i was thinking we could just feel it out and, when the timings right and we both feel comfortable, we can let everyone know." he said.

"i like that idea." i smiled back at him.

after about an hour more of us talking i had decided to go back inside to get some sleep.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

eeekk!! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! i also just want to quickly thank you all for 1k reads! that's crazy!

i've been thinking about starting another story soon but i can't decide if it should be a matt or chris one. what do you guys think?