Personal Visit

I am about to die or boredom. I have probably paced my room back and forth about a thousand times now. I have organized then reorganized my bag. I have cleaned up the room. Now I just lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, and it's not even lunch time. I count how many tiles are on the ceiling. 247. That's a lot of tiles. I decide to count them again, nope, still 247. I don't know why I expected it to change.

I hear a knock on the door and I leap up, excited that Maya has come by. I open the door, but it's not Maya standing there.

It's Blaine.

"Blaine? What are you doing up here? How did you know this was my room?"

He smiles. "Maya told me. I just wanted to come check on you since you weren't at breakfast this morning. What happened to your head?" He touches the knot on my head and I cringe. "Oh, sorry."

I nod. "Well I appreciate you coming by, but I've gotta get back to...doing important stuff." I go to shut the door, but he puts his foot in the doorway. "You're not getting rid of me that easily Amber." I look at him confused. "What do you-" I'm interrupted when Blaine crashes his lips against mine forcefully. I try to pull back but he puts one hand behind my head and wraps his other arm around my waist. My wolf snarls angrily and I feel a painful shock come from my mark. I squeal and shove Blaine off of me and slam the door. I lean against the door, holding my ribs, trying to calm down. More pain comes, and it's burning so bad that I'm in tears. I can feel my skin heating up. Oh no, I've got to get out of here.

I fling the door open and sprint down the hallway. I run down the stairs and sprint out the door of the building and into the woods. When I enter the woods I throw my clothes off and shift. Storm is a beautiful midnight black wolf with glowing red eyes. We run and run until I feel the flames come. It starts at my snout, the flame blasts over my fur like a shock wave, covering me from my snout to the tip of my tail. I leave a trail of smoke behind me as I sprint through the forest, burning everything in my pathway.

After taking down several defenseless deer, Storm calms down and we walk to a nearby creek. We drink out of the creek while I can feel the fire dying out. Now we are just a normal looking black wolf again.

We trot back the way we came, and search for my clothes. Once we find them I shift back and get dressed. I come walking out of the woods, when that wonderful smell hits me. I look up to see a very unhappy Felix with his arms crossed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amber, I thought Chris told you not to be out here unsupervised." He says in his authoritative tone. I look down. "He did but-" "No buts, you defied a direct order from one of the Alphas. That is against the rules." I continue to look down. "I'm sorry Alpha." He sighs. "You will help me clean up the work room after every class for the rest of the week. Now go eat lunch then go upstairs and put your uniform on. Since you're well enough to go running around in the woods you're well enough to come to class." I nod. "Yes Alpha."