Chapter 61 {Finally here}

(July 22th)

Aziel's pov:

Two more hours later, the nurse came in, checked on her and she finally got her epidural as she was 4 centimetres dilated. I could see that she was feeling less pain as the epidural starts to kick in.

It was now 6 am.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Better now, but I'm a little tired." She replied.

"Do you want some water?" I asked her and she shook her head no.

"I'm good." She says.

Alfred texted me earlier to ask about her health and so did our friends and family. Catalaiya gave me her phone cause she knows that Nayvee will text her. I'm replying to her.

They were all eager to meet our little munchkin.

So are we...

----

A couple of hours later at 1 p.m, Catalaiya was finally 7 centimetres dilated. She was exhausted. She had a few cubes of ice and some water to stay hydrated and the nurses were coming in and going out.

Right now it was 6 p.m and she was finally 10 centimetres dilated. The nurses were here, our Dr Georgia was here too.

Catalaiya's pov:

"When you feel the contraction you push and we will start counting." Dr Georgia said and I nodded.

I was tired but I'm ready to push this little munchkin out.

I felt the contraction coming and I started to push while Dr Georgia counted. However, I stopped midway as I felt like I was going to throw up.

"It's ok, breath."

I took a small break before pushing again.

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5...-"

I stopped as I couldn't breathe.

"Sorry, can't breathe." I panted.

"It's ok, you're doing great but you need to go over the bump now."

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7...8... good job... 9... 10... breathe..."

"I can see the head," I heard Aziel say.

I felt the nurse put a towel on me while the other nurse handed Aziel a pair of scissors.

"One more time and it'll be over."

I took a deep breath and used all my energy left to do a final push out.

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... here is the baby."

The room filled with a loud cry.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I held my baby onto me.

"Congratulation, it's a baby girl."

The baby was covered in white stuff and some blood but she was so precious. Aziel cut the cord before the nurse grabbed the baby to clean her.

"She's so tiny," Aziel said mesmerised.

I leaned back, having no energy to move. The doctor and nurses did their job with both me and the baby. They got us cleaned.

"Rest a little, I'll look after her," Aziel told me before kissing my forehead and I nodded. I could barely keep my eyes open.

Once I closed my eyes, I passed out.

----

When I woke up, Aziel was having skin to skin contact with our baby girl. She was curled up against his chest as she slept peacefully.