Chapter 26 (RR)

Rye's POV

I messaged him as soon as I got home. I told him that I already arrived and asked him what he was doing.

I always get impatient whenever he is not replying right away. I thought we already talked about this.

I tried to ring his phone, but his line was busy.

"I told you I am going to call." I messaged him one more time.

I saw my mother busy with his phone too. My mom put down his phone when he saw me.

"Did you eat already?" Mom asked me. "You should have brought me brownies. You don't care about me anymore."

"How did you know I went to a cafe?"
Probably Jared reported our location.
"Aki is still there. I'll call him to bring you some, okay?" I told my sulky youngest sibling. I mean my mom.

Rain and Cloud arrived from school too.

"Hey, Cloud. Why did you tell me his favorite flower was Tulips?" I asked this guy.

"Why? I was just kidding. Did you send him flowers too?" Cloud is the one asking, but I can feel Rain's deathly glares stabbing me.

"I am courting him." They should know so that they can stop.

Just in time when Riley gave me a call.

Rain walked out and ran to his room.
"You said courting, right? Fine. Good luck." Cloud walked out too.

Cloud is always calmer than Rain. At least I didn't lie to them. They need to know.

"Hello!" Riley spoke.

"Why didn't you answer my call earlier?"

"Oh, that... M-maru called."

"About what?"
I doubt that it's Maru.

"About what, what? Of course, he just called because he wants to call."

"It's not about the party on Friday, right?"

"Nope. I need to study now. Talk to you later. Bye!" He is always in a rush.

My sister sat with my mom. "What's wrong with those two? I asked them what was wrong, but they slammed their door on me. I hate them. They are crazy!" Sky whined.

"I am courting Riley," I told her.

"You whuuut?" She squealed.
"So this is your fault."

My dad arrived too. Probably from his office on the second floor.

"Dad, I am courting Riley." I told him.

"Okay." He answered without showing interest as he walked to my mom.

Aki arrived.

"Why not post it on your social media too? So, in case he rejected you, all of them would know what a loser you are." Aki hugged me. What the hell is wrong with this clingy guy?

"Shut up! He won't reject me. I can feel it."

"Don't be so confident, bro. We are talking about the party boy. I guess he didn't invite you yet to his party. Shilo knew already about the details." He chuckled.

This guy needs to shut up.

I went to my room to rest first. I kept thinking about Riley's face. I am turning crazy.

I took a nap. My mom woke me up for dinner. Everyone was quiet while eating.

It was mommy Ira who broke the silence.
"Rye, I heard you will court Cameron for a month."